D-I-Y Tracking Dog

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

D-I-Y Tracking Dog

So I went out last weekend and shot a nice doe with my bow but couldn't find her. So I came up with this idea... I bought a bowfishing kit and have attached the string to the tip of my arrow (this will only work while using a Muzzy 4 blade if you are using the Muzzy bowfishing kit). Went out this morning and managed to smoke a fat doe but I hit her far back. I never like waiting so I immediately hopped out of my tripod and followed the string right to were she was laid up and still Alive! I couldn't believe my eyes! I didn't bring any other arrows so carefully backed out. Just went back to go find her and she was gone! That is the last time I use a muzzy broadhead thats for sure. The string tracker did work perfectly only next time I will use a better broadhead... also you have to use a bowfishing arrow otherwise its not heavy enough to pull the string from the coil. I don't know why they don't sell these.

I'm grabbing the popcorn for this one.

Comment

pictures to follow

Comment

Key words to why she was alive " hit far back " and " immediately jumped out the tripod to track her " just my opinion

Can't blame the broadhead

Comment

In my recliner with popcorn also

Comment

They did use to sell them . Called them string trackers and they came with bright orange rolls of waxy string that looked like dental floss. I used them to shoot hogs....not sure why they don't sell them anymore. But then again maybe they still do on the web. They worked great even on the pass troughs.

Comment

Muzzys are great..There is also a string tracker made for bow hunting.

Comment

Yep Carbon express sells them...just search archery string trackers. They pull right up

Comment

Good thread on Trad forum about string trackers. http://discussions.texasbowhunter.co...hlight=tracker

Comment

founder~!!

WE gotter!!!!!!!!!! backstrap tonight!
                    Attached Files

Comment

So where does the tracking dog come into play??
                      Maybe you shouldnt automatically start blaming equipment and work on shot placement and patients after the shot.

Comment

Is there an arrow through her head?

Comment

Is that the arrow come out her head?

Comment

the tracking dog is the string tracker- never woulda founder if she didnt have 180 yards of string attached to her- just glad we got her- I am switching to rage

Comment

Why the arrow in the head?

Comment

Working...
                              X