New to traditional need help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New to traditional need help

I have a 45#@28" browning nomad 1. Lookin for a 30" arrow but don't know what arrow to use. I'm figuring on using feathers.

Arrow?
    A good Broadhead?

If your draw length is 28" and therefore you would be drawing 45#, I would suggest a
    .500 spine carbon. You would have to play with the length and add some front end weight (heavy inserts os heavy heads) to get them to tune correctly. In aluminums I would look at a 1916 and you would still have to play with the length to get it tuned correctly. I don't do wood arrows so you would have to get that info from one of the other guys around here.

Bisch

Comment

Great thanks for the info. Gives me an idea where to start. Thanks

Comment

Hey Buckwheat, I have a 45#@28" longbow and recurve with 28" draw arrows. What works for me are 30" long Easton aluminum 2016 arrows (I think these are .500 spine) with 145 grn field points and 30" Easton aluminum 1916 arrows with 100-125 grn field points.

For woods, I shoot 30" back of point (BOP) 55-60# spine port orford cedar with 125 grn field points. I normally have to cut the wood arrows to around 30 3/4", and then I taper them to get the 30" BOP length.

I don't shoot carbons, so I don't know about those.

Hope this gives you a ballpark to start from.

Comment

Sounds good brotha. Any thing will help. Thank you!!

Comment

What is your draw length??

Comment

Working...
            X