Holliday Creek TBoT March 10-11, 2012 SCORES

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Holliday Creek TBoT March 10-11, 2012 SCORES

YES, it rained pretty much all day Saturday, but it was BEAUTIFUL (though the sandy soil was pretty soggy) all day on Sunday. It was a great course and due to the weather, lower attendance than in previous years, but it was FUUUNNN. Here are the scores, with pics to come:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Holliday TBoT 3-10 & 3-12-2012 (640x449).jpg
Views:	1
Size:	251.6 KB
ID:	24891591

man i can't wait for next year.... great all the way around....

Comment

Good shooting "M".

Comment

Congrats to those who braved the elements. I shot a club shoot here in Austin today. It started out looking like it was not going to happen and then turned into a beautiful day.

Bisch

Comment

Congrats to all the shooters! Great scores turned in!!

Comment

Originally posted by JEFFRO View Post
            man i can't wait for next year.... great all the way around....
            Yeah, we really liked the "new" course further back in their range - the company was great, too We will get you and Neetz back for that dinner tab, Mr. Murray
            Originally posted by Draco View Post
            Good shooting "M".
            Thanks, Bob - I have to admit I was pretty tickled shooting that 312 - and this was the first time EVER I never had to use the mulligan. I hope Doug McCoy reads this thread, because he suggested a breathing technique to overcome target panic...I promised to try it and I did. I swear it helped me keep focus. We shall see if I can keep it up going forward...my Predator longbow and Dusty's fine arrows he made me using Jeffro's fine shafts(cut down to the correct size for my 25.5 draw!) were major contributors, too. But I had shot that same bow and same arrows before on MUCH easier courses without getting the results I did today.

So, THANK you Ole Man, aka Doug McCoy, for that great advice
            Last edited by M-2; 03-11-2012, 07:35 PM.

Comment

Thanks for posting the scores, Martha. You shot good. Gotta share the breathing technique.

Comment

[ATTACH]319397[/ATTACH]
                [ATTACH]319398[/ATTACH]
                [ATTACH]319399[/ATTACH]
                [ATTACH]319400[/ATTACH]
                [ATTACH]319401[/ATTACH]

I'm so sorry I got this one out of focus, Durk, Scott and Jeff!
                [ATTACH]319402[/ATTACH]
                [ATTACH]319403[/ATTACH]
                [ATTACH]319404[/ATTACH]
                [ATTACH]319405[/ATTACH]
                [ATTACH]319406[/ATTACH]

a few more coming...

Comment

[ATTACH]319409[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]319410[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]319411[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]319412[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]319413[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]319414[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]319416[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]319417[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]319418[/ATTACH]

Comment

Sorry we missed this one.

Comment

Originally posted by Deb View Post
                      Thanks for posting the scores, Martha. You shot good. Gotta share the breathing technique.
                      You're welcome for the scores, and thanks for the atta girl
                      Here's what Doug advised in a target panic thread from March 2:

(see post #5)
                      Ya know... there is a very easy practice for target/hunters panic!

Approach your target, set your body for your shot. Now close your eyes and breathe through your nose and exhale out your mouth slowly. Open your eyes, breathe in and slowly exhale as you draw, anchor and release!
                      We all know much of archery is mental...so, I figure if you have your form down and your equipment right, if this is all it takes to shoot well, then I'm a fan.

As I said, though, we shall see if I can do this consistently (or better, hopefully)

GENE, we missed y'all! But I remember well what happened to Keegan at this venue last year, bless his and Tanya's heart - they moved the course WAY back from it's former location - no more swing set chains to break!
                      Last edited by M-2; 03-11-2012, 08:00 PM.

Comment

They both wanted to come but we went and watched my daughter show her goats in okc. She did very well $$$

Comment

Originally posted by meangene1969 View Post
                          They both wanted to come but we went and watched my daughter show her goats in okc. She did very well $$$
                          Very cool! Congrats on her raising of obviously valuable goats! She was glad to have y'all there I'm sure

Comment

This was for the most part an entirely new range for Holliday Creek. The base of operations was back down the dirt/ mud road to the old Girl Scout building and the targets were set up on a whole new section of the range. I liked the new set up a lot.

Tim and Joe really outdid themselves this time in the grocery department too. This was far and away the best groceries at any shoot I've ever been to.

I can't wait to see everyone again in two weeks at the new Muenster (Wildcat) range. I do hope we can get out of this TBoT Shoot/ Monsoon cycle though.

Comment

Looks like Todd's liking that new bow...
                              Congrats to all. Wish I didn't have to work on Sundays.

Comment

Working...
                              X