Wheels on the bus go round and round

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wheels on the bus go round and round

Tried taking the Kingwood park and ride and a local connecting bus to work to last Friday since my wife was picking me up that afternoon. Worked pretty good. Decided to give it another go today to test the ride home.

On the way in is pretty nice. I get to work in the same amount of time, but I’m relaxed, I keep miles off my vehicle, and I get an extra hour of reading in.

The way home is apparently where you pay the piper. The local bus into downtown for connecting to the park and ride was pretty sketchy. Then walk three blocks and wait 20 mins. That whole deal pretty much sucked, but I’m getting home only 15 mins later and again keeping miles off my truck. Anything over $2.50/gal on gas is same or cheaper to do park and ride.

Not sure if I’ll keep doing it. Might test out another afternoon connection route to the park and ride. I think the extra hour each way to chill instead of fight traffic is worth it but I don’t want to catch ebola just to do it.

Ebola!

Comment

At first I dreaded the park and ride from Valley Forge, PA to Philadelphia. I was scared of what type of people I might encounter on these trips. The morning commute was very busy and hectic but I felt safer with all of the people. The evening commute was a different story. The first section to the downtown interchange was busy, but the next train out to Valley Forge was sparse. Often, there would only be 4-5 people and the other 3-4 people looked sketchy. I soon came to realize, they were working hard and trying to make ends meet, too. We never talked. I did that for 4 weeks and never did settle into comfort on the trip home. But, I'm glad I did it.

It was a 2 hour drive to Philli and parking daily in Philli cost as much as the 1 week train ticket.

Comment

I don't think any town in Texas is hitting the mark with public transportation. I would love to see it improve.

Comment

Just depends on how much you value your life over miles on your vehicle

Comment

I park and ride Cypress to downtown. All business folks, I don't change busses. Drops me off in front of work, 2 block walk on the way home. Fortunate that walk can be done through buildings and connecting sky bridges if need be. Nice saving the miles, but it's at the expense of time. On the way home may be a wash since we are in the HOV, but I lose 30 minutes in the morning to stops, waiting on the bus to leave etc.

Comment

Can you carry on this park and ride?

Nothing like that here around Tyler that I know of

Comment

Tried it in houston.

I like my truck
                I like my solitude for my hour+ commute to work and hour+ drive home.
                I like being able leave when i want and not have to ride with 100 folks that just waited 20 minutes in 98F heat with you for the bus.

I get to work early enough so i can leave early enough traffic isnt usually a problem outbound from the cess pool.

Comment

Back in the 90's my wife did it from kingwood.....loved it. Never any sketchy folks and she got to read and relax both ways.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                  X