Kawasaki 4 wheeler oil question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kawasaki 4 wheeler oil question

Bought a 2002 Kawasaki 650 off my Dad. Took it into the shop to get a basic service job and once over before taking it out to the lease. When I got it home I noticed the oil light flashing at me (it wasn't flashing when I loaded it on the trailer). I'm assuming that because it was on an incline loading it (I talked a little before loading it), the oil drained back.

I double checked to make sure it had plenty of oil and I'm not sure if you're supposed to read the dipstick screwed in (oil's overfilled) or just set down (oil's right at the "x").

Do I need to take it back to have the oil light checked out? What's the correct way to check the oil?

I owned a 2003 version of that quad- I Always screw the dipstick in when checking the oil on my ATV's.

I'd find some way of getting some oil out and see if that clears the alarm.

If it's a Kawasaki shop and not too far away, I'd let them deal with it and tell me what the cure was.

That bike also has a check belt light that will come in at certain intervals- that one requires some juggling bowling pins while hopping on one leg to get it to clear.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

The belts were part of the overall checkup. I’ll have to give the shop a call in the morning. I cranked for just a couple of seconds and the light went off. I’m hoping it just has too much oil.

Comment

Screw the dipstick in when checking the oil. With the key on and not running the oil light is gonna flash. As long as it goes off when u start it, then it's fine. I have owned 3 brute forces and they are all the same.

Comment

Working...
        X