Washington County Age

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Washington County Age

Looking for some opinions from others that hunt the area, I have him at 4.5 and low teens on score if I'm generous. Been a frequent visitor this year and had him dead to rights this morning but let him walk in hopes that he'll make it another year and possibly make P&Y. This is on a small acreage tract, but AR has done wonders for this area and we're starting to see more mature buck every year. I have high hopes that he'll make it and not decline, looking for some feedback from the rest of yall in my neck of the woods.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0051.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	56.8 KB
ID:	25097989

Name:	IMG_0024.jpg
Size:	65.4 KB
ID:	25097990

Name:	IMG_0030.jpg
Size:	66.2 KB
ID:	25097991
    Last edited by agtex42; 10-10-2016, 02:40 PM.

I think your right with the age. Could be younger but something just says 4.5

Comment

Most yearlings on this place are spikes, the good ones are six points and it seems to take three years to get most of them to meet the AR guidelines. Here's another one with him and his running buddy who I have at 3.5 based on what I've seen on the place in the past. This is the only buck I've seen on this place with the Roman nose profile which is making me lean toward 4.5 as well.

Name:	IMG_0027.jpg
Size:	153.7 KB
ID:	24465788

Comment

If he was on our farm in the SW part of the county, I would call him 4-5. I would call his buddy the same, based on that 1 pic. What part of the county you huntin?

Comment

Comment

98" 4.5-5.5

Comment

We're a few miles North of Washington on the Brazos, I'm not sure he'll get any bigger but he's one of the better bucks I've seen out here and figured he'd do more good in the gene pool than in the freezer.

Comment

Looks like a fat 4 year old

Comment

We have a place north of independence and it seems to have decent deer in the area. I've never hunted it but one of our employees hunts it and killed a 144 10 point that was 21 inches inside. The deer you posted looks like a 4.5 year old to me.

Comment

Originally posted by jrshuman View Post
                    Looks like a fat 4 year old
                    x2

Comment

Name:	IMG_1635.jpg
Size:	119.9 KB
ID:	24469174

Finally got to check the camera again, here's a much better pic captured the morning I passed on him. Definitely looks older in the face than the body but I still can't get him over 5.

Comment

Looks like a very healthy 3 yr old, no way that deer is 5. That's why you don't try to age a deer from pictures.

Comment

That pic makes me think 4.

Comment

Originally posted by BolilloLoco View Post
                            That pic makes me think 4.
                            I'm with you, he's been hanging around so I'm hoping he can make it til next season. There's a decent amount of pressure in the area but he has about 80 acres of sanctuary that he usually comes from that doesn't get hunted so I'm hopeful!

Comment

Id let him grow a couple years

Comment

Working...
                              X