No announcement yet.

Supreme Court Justice death.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This will be drug out to next year.......

Comment

Originally posted by jerp View Post
      I'm not sure of the tmeline of rhe replacement procedure but the next SCOTUS session is supposed to start Feb 22. If BHO gets his person in, this country is hosed. You would like to think that he will have a hard time getting a lib past this congress but I have no faith in them either.
      hell, he will just executive order them in.....s is about to htf.....

Comment

Sad. But I don't think bama will get a guy in. So next pres will get it.

Comment

Did anyone read the comments at the bottom of the article? Liberals are a strange and twisted bunch!!!

Bisch

Comment

Originally posted by Bisch View Post
            Did anyone read the comments at the bottom of the article? Liberals are a strange and twisted bunch!!!

Bisch
            Reading the comments on any news story is a good way to lose brain cells quickly

Comment

Originally posted by Be10dwn View Post
              Reading the comments on any news story is a good way to lose brain cells quickly
              I know that it is some of the worst garbage I've ever read usually, but yet sometimes I still read it. Somehow the comment stupidity is addicting, I don't even know how to explain it
              Last edited by Tower43; 02-13-2016, 04:39 PM. Reason: Spelling

Comment

Originally posted by Tower43 View Post
                I know tha tit is so e of the worst garbage I've ever read usually, but yet sometimes I still read it. Somehow the comment stupidity is addicting, I don't even know how to explain it
                You can get sucked into the comment black hole very easily. It is a good way to feel better about yourself I guess

Comment

Prayers sent.

Comment

Originally posted by dfkoon View Post
                    Sad. But I don't think bama will get a guy in. So next pres will get it.
                    "Recess appointments[edit]

When the Senate is in recess, a president may make temporary appointments to fill vacancies. Recess appointees hold office only until the end of the next Senate session (less than two years). The Senate must confirm the nominee for them to continue serving; of the two chief justices and six associate justices who have received recess appointments, only Chief Justice John Rutledge was not subsequently confirmed.

No president since Dwight D. Eisenhower has made a recess appointment to the Court, and the practice has become rare and controversial even in lower federal courts.[75] In 1960, after Eisenhower had made three such appointments, the Senate passed a "sense of the Senate" resolution that recess appointments to the Court should only be made in "unusual circumstances."[76] Such resolutions are not legally binding but are an expression of Congress's views in the hope of guiding executive action."

Comment

DANG IT!!!!!

Prayers for his family and for our nation.

Comment

Originally posted by blacksunshine View Post
                        hell, he will just executive order them in.....s is about to htf.....
                        Not sure that is even a possibility. Now rushing to appointment and trying to fast track a confirmation isn't out of the realm of possibility, but EO is used to create law, not appoint SCOTUS justices.

Comment

Originally posted by Thumper View Post
                          "Recess appointments[edit]

When the Senate is in recess, a president may make temporary appointments to fill vacancies. Recess appointees hold office only until the end of the next Senate session (less than two years). The Senate must confirm the nominee for them to continue serving; of the two chief justices and six associate justices who have received recess appointments, only Chief Justice John Rutledge was not subsequently confirmed.

No president since Dwight D. Eisenhower has made a recess appointment to the Court, and the practice has become rare and controversial even in lower federal courts.[75] In 1960, after Eisenhower had made three such appointments, the Senate passed a "sense of the Senate" resolution that recess appointments to the Court should only be made in "unusual circumstances."[76] Such resolutions are not legally binding but are an expression of Congress's views in the hope of guiding executive action."
                          The senate will be back in session the 19th. No recess appointment.

Comment

Originally posted by bowhuntntxn View Post
                            Not sure that is even a possibility. Now rushing to appointment and trying to fast track a confirmation isn't out of the realm of possibility, but EO is used to create law, not appoint SCOTUS justices.
                            I believe Senator Jeff Sessions is on the Committee that approves the nomination. I feel good about this.

Originally posted by Shane View Post
                            DANG IT!!!!!

Prayers for his family and for our nation.
                            Ditto...prayers sent. The Constitution has lost a real friend. One of my thoughts on the Presidential Election has been who do I want proposing Supreme Court Justices. I did not think about Justice Scalia being one.

Comment

Sad deal, prayers for his family.

Comment

Scary times ahead gentlemen. Sad to lose a conservative on the SC.
                                Prayers for the Scalia family.
                                Trey Gowdy for SCOTUS. Naa...he would be wasted there. Be a better Attorney General.
                                Lets walk the PC line here a bit and speculate.
                                Condi Rice. Woman, Black, Smart conservative, lawyer. Knows how the world works.
                                Has had real life experience.
                                Then who?

Comment

Working...
                                X