American Bald Eagle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks again guys.

Bobby I took these shots in the parking lot and from where I was to the power pole was approx. 160 ft then however high those things are. I have a couple of screen shots plus an original shot of the bird prior to cropping. A is where I was and B of course the power line support. Funny in the street view the parking lot is not there yet. The entrance to the parking lot is across the road from the driveway on the left. The bird was at the top of that double pole support in the second shot.

Click image for larger version

Name:	warren lake 2 (Large).jpg
Views:	1
Size:	49.0 KB
ID:	24415748

Name:	warren lake 1.jpg
Size:	35.4 KB
ID:	24415749

Name:	baldeagle-2 (Large).jpg
Size:	24.1 KB
ID:	24415750

Comment

Very nice! We had one over the marsh today trying to catch ducks! Very cool sight

Comment

My favorite since childhood. What a treat to photograph him. Thanks for sharing.

Comment

Purrdy

Comment

sweet

Comment

Really nice Bill! Great job.

Comment

Beautiful pictures

Comment

Those are great, Bill! Great job of cropping to just the pole top, looks very natural. I saw these on FB from my deer lease, but the smaller screen didn't do them justice. They are really special!

Comment

Thanks again guys. If you keep an eye out when close to a larger body of water you may see some. They are my favorite. I had never seen one live, in the wild until this year and I'm almost 62 yrs old. It's very special to me to get these. Of course now, I want some in flight at this distance.

Originally posted by Snakelover View Post
                    Those are great, Bill! Great job of cropping to just the pole top, looks very natural. I saw these on FB from my deer lease, but the smaller screen didn't do them justice. They are really special!
                    Thanks David. Removed some little distractions also for cleaner pics.

I want to go to the Woodlands this week to attempt a capture of the pair there.

Comment

Great photos!

Comment

Really good detail and exposure, Bill! What gear are you using these days?

Comment

Thanks guys.

I'm using a Canon 7DmkII with a Tamron 150-600 hanging on the front of it.

Comment

Awesome pics

Comment

Saw 2 in edna tx the other day. Didn't know they were scavengers.

Comment

Thanks again. I would think it would have to be pretty fresh kill for them to be on it but what do it know, I just like taking their picture.

Comment

Working...
                                X