Time to brag on my hubby...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Time to brag on my hubby...

Back story: About ten years ago I had a beautiful ludwig drum set that I never wanted to part with. However, in my previous marriage, we fell on hard times and had to get a loan on them at a local pawn shop. Months went by and we were never able to make the payments to get them out, and they were gone, forever.

Larry and I have been married for almost two years now, together for four years. After telling him this story, he has been on the lookout for that specific set, or one just like it.

Last night he succeeded and we were able to bring them home.

Words cannot express how grateful I am to have a husband who truly understands my heart and how important something as "trivial" as a drum set really is. I love you Larry Hill.

1994 Ludwig 6-pc. Natural Maple Wood. Cherry Finish.Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1396101763.258894.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	66.6 KB
ID:	25012469Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1396101777.133309.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	71.8 KB
ID:	25012470

Rock on!

Comment

Now a YouTube video of you playing would be perfect

Comment

rock on is right!

Comment

He's such a sweet and thoughtful one!
          Congrats ChickenWing...bring 'em to Nanza next year and place for us.....please!

Comment

I love you too, Larry Hill!

Wow! What a great find you two have made in each other.

Congrats!

Comment

Originally posted by Mary View Post
              He's such a sweet and thoughtful one!
              Congrats ChickenWing...bring 'em to Nanza next year and place for us.....please!
              Sounds like a plan to me. congrats on getting your drum set back

Comment

very cool!

Comment

Just now getting around to replying to this...

Nobody deserves some cool drums more than this drummer chick. She gives endlessly and tirelessly and hardly complains. Love you more than words can say.

I gave up the search about a year ago. One quick Craigslist search the other day, and I found those in south Arlington. Showed her the pic because it seemed like the met the description of her old set. It was almost instant tears when she saw the pic. Funny part was the seller is a guy I probably played soccer against in Irving when we were kids. Small world. I'm on the hunt for some good cymbals now to complete the set.

Comment

Working...
                  X