Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Breakfast Pizza

Ingredients-
    1- 9” round baking pan (sprayed with nonstick)
    1- Roll of canned croissants
    4- Eggs
    1 Cup Grated Cheddar Cheese
    1 Cup of browned sausage (or bacon, ham or even chopped little smokeys)
    1/3 cup of milk
    Salt and pepper to taste

Directions-

Preheat oven. Lightly spray pan with nonstick spray. In a mixing bowl, add eggs and milk; beat eggs till thoroughly blended. Add meat of your choice, salt and pepper and ½ cup of grated cheese and gently mix ingredients with the eggs. Unroll croissants and lay/spread them evenly in pan. Completely line the bottom of pan. Croissants should be big enough to go up on the walls of the pan about a ½” or so, this will make your crust. After the pan is lined with the crust, add your mixed ingredients and sprinkle remaining cheese on top.

Cook temp and time- Cory baked it at 375ºF till “the crust was brown and eggs were done.” Which I think ended up being around 25-30 minutes. (You could always go off the directions on the croissant can and periodically check on it from there.)

sounds good introducing it in deercamp this week

Comment

Im eating some right now, and it is great. My crust was looking a little dark after about 15 minutes, so I cut the heat back to 350 for about 15 more minutes. This would also be good with some onions, peppers and maybe some mushrooms. If anybody wants to make this, you better go ahead and make two of them. They disapear pretty quick. Great recipe, thanks for sharing.
      Last edited by mharris1; 11-03-2009, 07:34 AM.

Comment

I bet you could do this in a dutch oven also

Comment

mharris1 I'm real glad you've enjoyed it. My wife isn't crazy about the good stuff, so it usually gets left out... but it would be great with some bell peppers for sure! you could also mix in some salsa to the eggs!

again, glad you liked.

Comment

You can also buy pizza dough in a can. Just unroll it and build like you said. Make these pretty often at the house.

Comment

I made this for the kids on sunday before church and we now have a favorite breakfast.

I used a premade pizza crust and found that the non stick cooking spray is a must, the eggs soak through the crust and it sticks to the pan.

mole

Comment

Don't forget to ues the gravy for the sauce. My mom use to make this for us too, a little different, but the same....

She always used white gravy for the sauce, then the eggs, sausage, and other stuff.

Comment

sounds good

Comment

Gosh this looks good. There have been some great recipes on here. I had a request at school today (I teach HS) to bring a crock pot full of Arrow Pilots Taco soup in.

Comment

I am making this on Sat.

Comment

I make it a lot but, I use 1# of browned sausage instead of 1 cup. I add mushrooms, bell pepper, green onion, and hash browns. No milk. Top with grated parmesan. Bake at 350 until eggs are done (about 25 minutes). Love it!!!!

Comment

This was a big hit at my house, this morning.

I include about a quarter cup of chopped onions and chopped bell pepper, and I used about 2 cups of hot venison breakfast sausage. Cooked at 350, for 30 minutes.

BTW, Pilsbury makes uncut (i.e. sheet) crescent dough, and that is what I used.

randy

Comment

sounds pretty good

Comment

Originally posted by NomadStalker View Post
                              Don't forget to ues the gravy for the sauce.
                              I bet that is good. Call me crazy though, but I like to spread a small amount of grape jelly on mine... It'll turn the eggs green, but sure tastes good.

Comment

Working...
                              X