No announcement yet.

Lonesome Dove: Favorite Line or Scene

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"I wish you’d taken that chance a little earlier, Jake. A man who’ll go along with five killings is takin’ his leave a little slow."

"You know how it works, Jake. You ride with an outlaw, you die with an outlaw. I’m sorry you crossed the line."

Comment

Originally posted by Artos View Post
      Just for you drop'em: Welcome to the fire to you & yours...belated.

Gus McCrae: Lorie darlin', life in San Francisco, you see, is still just life. If you want any one thing too badly, it's likely to turn out to be a disappointment. The only healthy way to live life is to learn to like all the little everyday things, like a sip of good whiskey in the evening, a soft bed, a glass of buttermilk, or a feisty gentleman like myself.

Thank you!
      You picked a good one.

Comment

Never turn your back on a KIoWAY mare.

Comment

"You wanna think. Why don't you think the roof back up on that barn instead of sittin in the shade all day"

Comment

The series is part of the reason why my name is Augustus.

Comment

Originally posted by Raider Power View Post
              The series is part of the reason why my name is Augustus.
              My BIL wanted us to name our kid that, it is a good strong name.

Comment

Originally posted by Kurdawg View Post
                My BIL wanted us to name our kid that, it is a good strong name.
                I hated it when I was a kid but I really like it now. Also a family name, the series just reminded my parents of that.

Comment

Originally posted by curtintex View Post
                  When Jake confronted Gus about helping Lori to buy a horse with money that Gus had paid her in return for a poke.

"Money well spent, Jake....both times."
                  this one!

Comment

Too many to list.........has always been my favorite.

Comment

Originally posted by waterdog View Post
                      for the ones that don't know! there is a great lonesome dove museum at texas state u in san marcos if you are every there check it out..http://www.thewittliffcollections.tx...e-exhibit.html
                      I took my 9 yo daughter down there a few months ago. It was very cool. My daughter couldn't appreciate it very much as she hadn't seen the movie, but it was really neat to see the props, costumes, directors notes, etc.. It's a small exhibit, but I highly recommend visiting. It has one of a kind items that you won't see anywhere else.

"Tend your biscuits......"

Comment

long time since I've posted anything on the green screen. This thread peaked my interest and brought back many good memories. Its tradition to have Lonesome Dove playing non stop while we're at the deer lease. Only interruption is to watch the occasional college football game.

Comment

You might say i like it
                          Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1420388451.153169.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	73.4 KB
ID:	24355553
                          Braeydn AUGUSTUS Hill

Comment

He's right boys. The best thing you can do with death is ride off from it. Used it many times to get through losses of loved ones. Greatest movie

Comment

Trivia question!!!

What was newts dun horses name? Hint. You only here it at the water moccasin scene.

Comment

Originally posted by Drop'emChick View Post
                                As a kid I watched this movie on an old VHS tape recorded off tv. I can't tell you how many times I've watched this movie. But I will say I watched it (DVD) LOL this weekend with my son for the 1st time.

I watched mine like that until the sound was worn off.

Comment

Working...
                                X