Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone have a good crockpot recipe for wild pork ham?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone have a good crockpot recipe for wild pork ham?

????

Cook it in a roaster with nothing but Dr. Pepper. Very slow and turning it every hour until its done. Tastes just like regular cured ham from the grocery store. Doesnt make sense but its very good.

Comment

Originally posted by Randy View Post
      Cook it in a roaster with nothing but Dr. Pepper. Very slow and turning it every hour until its done. Tastes just like regular cured ham from the grocery store. Doesnt make sense but its very good.
      Get a little more specific please. How low a temp are you talking and how much(deep) in the roaster with the Dr. Pepper? Thanks!

Comment

I cook it with a medium jar of salsa in the slow cooker until it starts to pull apart. Then use the meat in burritos.
        Another wayis cook in water for the first few hours, drain the water shred the meat . Mix together 16oz jar of favorite salsa, 2 cups of brown sugar and 1 can of coke. Cook for another 3 hours or so.
        Both recipes I typically use about 3lbs of pork.
        Last edited by Sparkles; 04-27-2010, 07:46 AM.

Comment

Feller that cooked it used a foil turkey roasting pan and a two liter of dp. Filled it up to where it covered the ham. Covered in foil but poked a few holes in it to let some steam out. I think he said 250-275 for like 5 hours.

Comment

Dr. Pepper? thats interesting

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Randy View Post
                Feller that cooked it used a foil turkey roasting pan and a two liter of dp. Filled it up to where it covered the ham. Covered in foil but poked a few holes in it to let some steam out. I think he said 250-275 for like 5 hours.
                I may have to try it! Thanks

Comment

Working...
                X