FOC Skinny's or Not

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by enewman View Post
    this is just looking at spine. don't worry about what shaft.

What is these? I want to run some of my arrow setups though this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by jdunn6092 View Post
      What is these? I want to run some of my arrow setups though this.

Well I would help. But since windows did there up date a few weeks ago the program no longer works and I can’t get it fixed.

Comment

Well I would help. But since windows did there up date a few weeks ago the program no longer works and I can’t get it fixed.
        Man Archer's Expert should have an update for you, have you checked with them?

Comment

Originally posted by muddyfuzzy View Post
          Man Archer's Expert should have an update for you, have you checked with them?
          It shows an err that my firewall is now blocking access. We have done everything possible and still nothing. They are saying it’s all on my side not there’s

Comment

Well crap!!!

Comment

The Archery Program Pro is still running like a champ, just sayin'.
              http://www.thearcheryprogram.com/

Comment

Bumping this thread back up.

A few new questions:

Any reason not to go micro shafts? There are some attractive arrows out there as far as spine to weight ratio. For example, BE X-Impacts at 9.5 GPI @ .250 spine and GT Pierce Platinums at 9.8 GPI @ .250 spine. It seems like running these with either the ethics archery inserts or the Valkyrie inserts might be the way to go.

Or am I over thinking it?
                Should I stick to some carnivores in .250 spine with 225 up front as mentioned earlier?

Comment

Originally posted by Big Ace View Post
                  Bumping this thread back up.

A few new questions:

Any reason not to go micro shafts? There are some attractive arrows out there as far as spine to weight ratio. For example, BE X-Impacts at 9.5 GPI @ .250 spine and GT Pierce Platinums at 9.8 GPI @ .250 spine. It seems like running these with either the ethics archery inserts or the Valkyrie inserts might be the way to go.

Or am I over thinking it?
                  Should I stick to some carnivores in .250 spine with 225 up front as mentioned earlier?

No reason I can think of, other than those skinny suckers can be a little harder to get ahold of to pull out of the target.

I’m running the BE X-Impacts in .250 with the 180gr Ethics insert and Iron Will s200’s, Flex Fletch FFP-360’s and Nocturnals with no complaints. Total arrow weight is 670gr with 25% FOC.

Super quiet and they go where I want ‘em. I actually think my thumb release is louder than my bow.

Comment

I’m a blackeagle person. I built some x-impacts last year. I used a 175 gr head and a 100gr, outsert from Black Eagle. I shot two animals. I broke both arrows right at the back of the outsert. I prolly could get a carbon rod that would fit inside and strengthen it up. Or use the eithis inserts. But I’m done with the 166. Going to s 204 now.

Not all are having this type of problem.

Comment

FOC Skinny's or Not

I have shot(hunted with) most of the Black Eagles that are being brought up including the XI. While the XI has pretty unparalleled spine and weight consistency I don’t really lump it in with the straight hunting shafts. Some people won’t even consider shooting outserts and that’s okay. The perfect fit in my opinion is the Spartan. Smaller than the full size shafts it still uses a conventional insert system which a lot of people prefer. Yes, it weighs a little more than a Carnivore or XI but can still build good weight and FOC if that’s your thing. Micro and Nanos are great at shedding cross winds but most folks don’t really have to worry about that in most cases. I also believe that micro and nano shafts DO NOT Increase penetration, regardless of what the internet or your target may be telling you. Smaller diameter does have its benefits and can be a good thing if your bow shoots tight to the cables, you run big vanes and are close to having fletching contact.

A good indicator of a shaft’s overall toughness is the amount of cross sectional area it has. Just subtract the ID from the OD and look at the wall thickness, this will tell you a lot. I used to shoot 490 grain XI’s at 24% but much prefer my DI’s weighing 560 @ 20%. There is no comparison in the two in terms of the abuse they will take, the DI is superior in toughness and durability.

Last edited by muddyfuzzy; 08-21-2018, 05:03 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by muddyfuzzy View Post
                        I have shot(hunted with) most of the Black Eagles that are being brought up including the XI. While the XI has pretty unparalleled spine and weight consistency I don’t really lump it in with the straight hunting shafts. Some people won’t even consider shooting outserts and that’s okay. The perfect fit in my opinion is the Spartan. Smaller than the full size shafts it still uses a conventional insert system which a lot of people prefer. Yes, it weighs a little more than a Carnivore or XI but can still build good weight and FOC if that’s your thing. Micro and Nanos are great at shedding cross winds but most folks don’t really have to worry about that in most cases. I also believe that micro and nano shafts DO NOT Increase penetration, regardless of what the internet or your target may be telling you. Smaller diameter does have its benefits and can be a good thing if your bow shoots tight to the cables, you run big vanes and are close to having fletching contact.

A good indicator of a shaft’s overall toughness is the amount of cross sectional area it has. Just subtract the ID from the OD and look at the wall thickness, this will tell you a lot. I used to shoot 490 grain XI’s at 24% but much prefer my DI’s weighing 560 @ 20%. There is no comparison in the two in terms of the abuse they will take, the DI is superior in toughness and durability.

Muddy nailed it! To me the only time a smaller shaft has better penetration is possibly thru bone and not many arrows will penetrate most bones on a consistant basis unless it is thin or you are shooting a heavy arrow with high FOCand a single bevel head! Just my opinion, but agree with Muddy!

Comment

Try the high arrows from the batter results.

Comment

Working...
                          X