South Texas rain, gotta love it.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LuckyCards2006 View Post
    This an aerial of the lake we built. His is not exact but you can get the gist. Connected two tanks and made a 30 acre lake. [ATTACH]912655[/ATTACH]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Man that nice setup!!

Comment

Out of town now, but will send you pics and aerial when I get back.

Guess it’s Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0573.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	65.4 KB
ID:	24547573Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0572.jpg
Size:	70.8 KB
ID:	24547574better late than never. We are not happy with the grass growing, gonna make it tough to harvest the prawns, but we will find a way.

Comment

That’s awesome!

Comment

Guess it’s [ATTACH]918251[/ATTACH][ATTACH]918252[/ATTACH]better late than never. We are not happy with the grass growing, gonna make it tough to harvest the prawns, but we will find a way.

Can't you put a few sterile grass carp in there?
          Not like it will eat the prawns.

Edit: I like the boots and shorts. That is what I wear in this heat when I am not at my real job.
          Last edited by bukkskin; 08-05-2018, 09:44 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by bukkskin View Post
            Can't you put a few sterile grass carp in there?
            Not like it will eat the prawns.

Edit: I like the boots and shorts. That is what I wear in this heat when I am not at my real job.

Not a bad idea, only a 1/4 acre tank, just kill the carp after we are done. Boots and shorts are the only way to go. Here is a pic of a few days ago. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0593.JPG
Size:	248.7 KB
ID:	24547939

Comment

Yum!!!
              Can you set a couple traps for them, like you would for crawdads/crayfish ?
              Just for one meal?

Comment

Y'all can have it!!
                I'm so Damm tired of dragging my butt out bed 6-7 days aweek and still not getting 40 - 50 hrs,[emoji35]

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Comment

Yum!!!

Can you set a couple traps for them, like you would for crawdads/crayfish ?

Just for one meal?

Trust me, we released 8,000 in there, gonna be a couple of meals for us, just use cast net.

Comment

I know the prawns are for a food source for the bas but can you explain how the set up works? Do you but them live and release to get bigger? what do you feed them? how do you get them to bass tank once they are big enough? Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Shurshot View Post
                      I know the prawns are for a food source for the bas but can you explain how the set up works? Do you but them live and release to get bigger? what do you feed them? how do you get them to bass tank once they are big enough? Thanks!

Just FYI, this was an experiment/first time trying this. We built a 1/4 acre tank just above our big lake, had it graded towards the lake. Put a 12 inch pipe with a gate on the lower end going to the lake, built a channel to the lake, maybe 30 yards. We buy them as post larval, feed them sinking protein/fish food. Didn’t expect the grass to grow in it like it did since it was a new built tank. After learning, should’ve fertilized the grass as soon as you see it, it makes it bloom, kills sunlight, makes it cloudy and the plants don’t grow. Or just by grass carp now . More to the story, but short synopsis.

Comment

Try to stock some tilapia next time? They keep vegetation knocked way back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Really cool, I was trying to do something similar but got shot down by the boss lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Just FYI, this was an experiment/first time trying this. We built a 1/4 acre tank just above our big lake, had it graded towards the lake. Put a 12 inch pipe with a gate on the lower end going to the lake, built a channel to the lake, maybe 30 yards. We buy them as post larval, feed them sinking protein/fish food. Didn’t expect the grass to grow in it like it did since it was a new built tank. After learning, should’ve fertilized the grass as soon as you see it, it makes it bloom, kills sunlight, makes it cloudy and the plants don’t grow. Or just by grass carp now . More to the story, but short synopsis.

Do you eat any of the prawns?
                            They look mighty tasty.

Comment

Do you eat any of the prawns?

They look mighty tasty.

Have not tried them, but I promise it will be wrapped in bacon, will keep y’all updated.

Comment

Bringing this back up instead of starting a new thread. Just wanted to update on the size of the prawns, this one is dead but we have a ton of live ones, pretty big now.
                                Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0880.jpg
Size:	66.4 KB
ID:	24554514Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0877.jpg
Size:	55.1 KB
ID:	24554515Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0878.jpg
Size:	104.0 KB