No announcement yet.

Why cover license plate in photos?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I sell custom 2 ply tin foil license plate covers. Free shipping for every 10 purchased!

Comment

Originally posted by hoythitman View Post
      Have you tried to get a LP# before. Not exactly as easy as anyone driving down the street can see it... lol. There’s are reason folks in blue have to get close before they pull you over

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      There are parking lots full of parked cars all over town, it would be very easy. I still don’t see how something so public can all of the sudden need to be a secret. But like someone above said I must be dense because I am obviously missing something!

I am not so sure of myself that I would post my license plate online but I can’t see where it would be a problem.
      Last edited by Cantcatch5; 08-06-2018, 07:33 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by sboudreaux View Post
        BowSlayer - send me a picture of your license plate so I can post a bunch of info on you that you may or may not want posted[emoji15]. I kid
        Search my posts, there's a truck for sale with the plates showing. That's why I wondered why people do that, because maybe I should have. So far I haven't heard any reason to do it to a vehicle that sits in public with plates that would prompt me to do it next time.

Comment

Because, that all I got.

Comment

Why cover license plate in photos?

We are worried of dishonest people. We hear of fraud every day. We get emails from corporate telling not to open certain types of emails. We see fake adds daily on CL. We have become protective of our selves. I personally don’t look at plates as I drive. But I think a person up to no good could browse all day looking for opportunities. I have no idea what they look for but on TBH there are certain criteria’s you must meet before seeing these plates. I see others do it so I feel safer doing it as well If I were selling a vehicle. That’s my though.

Last edited by KIETHSTONE; 08-06-2018, 07:40 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BowSlayer View Post
              Search my posts, there's a truck for sale with the plates showing. That's why I wondered why people do that, because maybe I should have. So far I haven't heard any reason to do it to a vehicle that sits in public with plates that would prompt me to do it next time.

Sweet! Now I can figure out where you live if you are married and how many vehicles, boats, utv’s you own! I’m kidding obviously but there are some bad people in the world and you can get a lot of info off of a plate but with that said I have not hidden mine on vehicles I’ve listed for sell that I can remember.

Comment

Sweet! Now I can figure out where you live if you are married and how many vehicles, boats, utv’s you own! I’m kidding obviously but there are some bad people in the world and you can get a lot of info off of a plate but with that said I have not hidden mine on vehicles I’ve listed for sell that I can remember.
                I completely understand that lots of info can be gathered from a plate. The plate is in public every single day though. That's what confuses me.

Comment

P.S. Married, live East of Troup, have 4 vehicles, 1 boat, 1 utv. Have fun.

Comment

Originally posted by hoythitman View Post
                    Because you can look on publicdata and get the owners address. All of the other vehicles registered at the address and the other people who live with you if their names are on the other cars.

I had no idea that was a thing that existed.

Comment

P.S. Married, live East of Troup, have 4 vehicles, 1 boat, 1 utv. Have fun.

I’ll have to confirm that via publicdata[emoji51]

Comment

Originally posted by Smell the Glove View Post
                        I had no idea that was a thing that existed.

Oh it’s a real thing...kinda crazy. I use it for work but you can get a lot of info that could be used for bad purposes.

Comment

Very easy to find out a ton about someone with a simple license plate. Hiding the plates can slow the doxxing process. If you are in a line of work where you are subject to being investigated by PIs if doesn't make sense to give them any leads.

Comment

Originally posted by thegrouse View Post
                            Very easy to find out a ton about someone with a simple license plate. Hiding the plates can slow the doxxing process. If you are in a line of work where you are subject to being investigated by PIs if doesn't make sense to give them any leads.
                            How would a PI find your post on CL but not already know where you live or work?

Comment

How would a PI find your post on CL but not already know where you live or work?
                              Image searches and many people never change their registration on the vehicles but license plate readers give current locations.

Comment

Ok so how many of yall cover them in the driveway so your nosey neighbors cant see them or anyone cruising the neighborhood? They are seen everyday while you drive and when you park in parking lots? I guess im with bowslayer on this one.

Comment

Working...
                                X