• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bigdaddy View Post
    looks like you got a new pet
    Don't think so

Comment

Growing up, my dad said animals live outside.
      In the last 15ish years, he came to have FIVE cats IN his house. Mostly my stepmom's doing, but he didn't do much to keep them out.
      They had to put one down, a few months before my dad passed. Dad was pretty upset about it, even if he didn't let it show.
      Last week, another kitten showed up, while Konnor was staying there.
      He insisted that Grannie keep the kitten ... the house is now back up to five cats!

Comment

Dusty--sorry that happened to you, but you handled it well. Thanks for the reminder that all life is precious.

Comment

A week ago today I had to put down my little rescue dog. She was 18yrs old and not doing well. I held her head while the vet gave her the shots. The decisions we have to make as pet owners or just Good Samaritan like yourself are tough but we need to do the right things.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

The debth of your post is fantastic. Life is precious. Given ONLY by GOD. He gave us full permission to end life and the full weight of that responsibility. Thank you. Steve

Comment

God bless you girl.��

Comment

Originally posted by HoustonHunter94 View Post
                A week ago today I had to put down my little rescue dog. She was 18yrs old and not doing well. I held her head while the vet gave her the shots. The decisions we have to make as pet owners or just Good Samaritan like yourself are tough but we need to do the right things.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                I'm sorry for your pain. Tis best to have loved and lost than to never have loved. Hugs, prayers for you my friend.

Comment

Thanks for reminding us.

Comment

Good write-up and a major act of mercy. Few people would have been able to do it. It's sad that someone would dump a kitten like that too.
                    All animals deserve respect, even in death.

Comment

Powerful words! Thank you!

Comment

Originally posted by Pistol View Post
                        ..... It's sad that someone would dump a kitten like that too.
                        We were thinking it was a feral cat that abandoned it when the cars came by.

Comment

Excellent read!

Comment

Thank you. Moments like that are very important to recognize and appreciate.

I'm assigned to the crime scene unit and in my second week found myself assisting my CSIs with a scene in which a father had killed his 9 year old daughter and 12 yr old step-son, and then himself. I had grown numb to loss of life over the last 25 years or so but this one woke me up. I spent days trying to think about why this had happened, what those kids could have enjoyed and experienced if they had lived, and why didn't the dad just kill himself. When we stop thinking about the value of a life (any life), we become a lot less human.

Comment

The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.

Mahatma Gandhi

Thank you for your kindness and humanity.

Regards,

Dave

Comment

Working...
                              X