Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jeep Wrangler Unlimited

No, this isn't the famous white jeep.

Who has one? Tell me what you love and hate.

I did some reflecting and realize I'm just being pretentious driving a diesel around and only towing a few times a year.

J/k I just want one to play in. Would be my daily driver but wouldn't have to be all the time.

What year are you looking for? 2004-2006 Unlimiteds are a 2dr longer wheelbase similar to the old CJ8 Scrambler. 2007+ Unlimiteds are the 4dr models
    Last edited by Fargus; 04-18-2018, 03:17 PM.

Comment

I've had one for 6+ years and put 100K+ miles on it.

Way more practical than the 2-door. Engine is still lacking in power, MPG is terrible. If you're going to lift it and add larger tires, definitely need to regear. I'm running 4.88s w/ 35" tires. I tow a small popup all over, including round trip to Colorado annually, so it can be done.

Been hearing rumors of a baby diesel, I would hold out for that if I was in the market now.

Comment

Wife just bought a new Rubicon Unlimited. She is really liking it, it is her first jeep.

Yes, FCA keeps saying they will release a 2.0 diesel.... but I dont think they cut it loose for 19, so maybe 20.

Comment

In for results. Had a wrongler (YJ) that I loved, then a TJ for a few years. When the JK came out I test drove and was underwhelmed but I hear the current engine is much better. Been getting tired of the truck here lately.

Comment

Originally posted by Bullrdr82 View Post
            Wife just bought a new Rubicon Unlimited. She is really liking it, it is her first jeep.

Yes, FCA keeps saying they will release a 2.0 diesel.... but I dont think they cut it loose for 19, so maybe 20.
            Its a 3.0 diesel should be out in 2018 as a 2019.

the 2.0 is a turbocharged 4 cyl gas.

But who really knows they keep pushing the Jeep trucks out every year.

Comment

Originally posted by TexaRican View Post
              In for results. Had a wrongler (YJ) that I loved, then a TJ for a few years. When the JK came out I test drove and was underwhelmed but I hear the current engine is much better. Been getting tired of the truck here lately.
              The 2012-present are better motors but the gearing is the killer. Get no less than a 3.73.

My brother drove a 2018 JK and then a JL both same rear diff gears. The JL was night and day more powerful it had the new 8 sp auto trans.
              Last edited by justintyme8303; 04-18-2018, 03:19 PM.

Comment

New jeeps are garbage: I’ll never own another Chrysler product after having my JK.

Comment

Originally posted by Easttxbowman View Post
                  New jeeps are garbage: I’ll never own another Chrysler product after having my JK.
                  What year and issues did you have?

Comment

Have a 2016. Love it. Goes a whole lot of places my hubby and brother in laws can't go in their trucks and doesn't tear up roads. Mine has a 2.5" lift on 35" Toyo mud tires and it IS a pain to drive at times, because of that however it's not my DD. My oldest drives it back and forth to school and baseball practices while I drive a car with good gas mileage to work. I only drive it on my days off and at the deer lease or off road.

Only problem I've ever had with it is a cylinder 6 misfire a year ago and they fixed that under warranty no problem.

Comment

I owned a 07 JK and loved it. Ran a 3.5in lift with 35s. It was a tank and went anywhere in it. I would take it back in a heartbeat if I could. Got rid of it with 115,000 miles and the only issue I ever had was getting the computer module wet (forget what it was called) but it was due to driving through a pond. They also hold their value really well. I saw the other day they are coming out with the JT Scrambler for 2019. If that happens I may get back in the game. If you are looking at one for a side vehicle you will love it. Its like driving an oversized golf cart when you take the doors and top off.
                      Last edited by Cuda; 04-18-2018, 03:36 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Fargus View Post
                        What year are you looking for? 2004-2006 Unlimiteds are a 2dr longer wheelbase similar to the old CJ8 Scrambler. 2007+ Unlimiteds are the 4dr models
                        Probably a 2018.

Comment

I have a 2017 unlimited and the only problem I have is not having enough cash to get everything I want done on it faster! Lol

Comment

i have the new jlu rubicon. it is night and day better than the jk. lifted on 35 stock gears (4.10) and can easily cruise 85 on the hwy without struggle. the new 8spd is awesome and helps a lot. both hard top and soft tops were improved as well as a nice updated interior.

Comment

2015, no issues 75k miles. I suggest a 2012 or later, the pentastar has been a great engine for us.

Comment

Working...
                              X