No announcement yet.

Spain Recommendations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In Barcelona there's a cool walking path up to the old fortress, has concerts and stuff in the evening, take the gondola up to the fortress and walk back down , also lots of art museum
    In Madrid eat topas then head to the plaza del sol and eat a late dinner and people watch
    Also just out side of town is a small town named Toledo is a cool day trip

Comment

I would have to attend a bullfight if I went!

Comment

Good deal!! Spain is awesome,really liked the small towns. Valencia has beautiful beaches. Super jealous of El Clasico trip!! Go Barca

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I didn't take time to read what everyone else said but I'm sure its all great advice so if I repeat any, my apologies.

Barcelona- The Olympic stadium isn't the most amazing thing I've ever seen but its cool and the scenery is nice, beautiful are to walk, kind up and down pretty big hill. Iglesia SagradaFamilia is worth taking the time to see, take a guided tour through it and really look at the architecture inside and out. The detail is amazing.

Valencia- to me it has the energy of New York without the homeless, pigeons, trash, and rats ;-). Very beautiful and clean city. Go to the Cathedral, there is an alabaster cup adorned in gold they claim is the Holy Grail. Indiana Jones should have looked here first. Whether it is or not, its a very cool experience to see a cup that is 2,000 years old that they know was in Rome in the time of Paul. So its plausible.

Mallorca- If you get a chance to take a boat over to Mallorca do it. The beaches are beautiful and the people awesome. We went to Palma and the city was very cool, ate some paella and saw the bull fighting arena.

Comment

Originally posted by hero_moneybags View Post
            El Botin in Madrid is really good. It's supposedly the oldest restaurant in the world and has an amazing roast suckling pig.
            I'll second this recommendation. Just make sure to get reservations well in advance and understand you'll be eating much later in the evening that you're probably used to. And the suckling pig is called cochanillo.

Comment

We went last year for our Honeymoon.

Early May shouldn't be very crowded any where. Unless youve already rented the car, I would recommend taking the trains as much as possible. We only rented a car for 3 out of 10 days and I would rather have not even done that. Be careful driving in cities, its absolutely terrible. We took the small local trains to different towns for day trips for about $10 each and took the high speed train in between Madrid and Barcelona. Public transportation and walking over there is great (take comfortable walking shoes)

Rent a wifi hotspot, have it delivered to your hotel. Then you dont have to pay roaming charges or convert your phone to international. You always have access to your maps and tour guides as well.

The oldest restaurant in the world is in Madrid. Food was fine, fun experience.

A lot of restaurants only sell wine by the bottle, not glass, even though its $5. We had this "mistake" happen a few times.

Go to the seafood market in Barcelona.

Google Tossa De Mar. We stayed there when we drove up the Coast North of Madrid. All those towns are unbelievably beautiful.

Toledo is a neat town to visit South of Madrid.

Go hunt an Ibex or Roe Deer.

The Central Park in Madrid is beautiful and pleasant.

Comment

Some touristy things that are fun...

Salvador Dalis home town is just north of Barcelona...Figueres?

Madrid- Plaza Mayor, House of Ham, the bull fighting arena...I forget the name...pay extra for la sombra...Shade!, Museo del Prado is fantastic

Barcelona- thieves abound!...beware! Dont sit under the palm trees on a windy day...They had a serious drought some years ago and all the palms neck down near the top...and I saw the top snap out of one in a plaza next to a restaurant and hit a few folk...it was loaded with fruit...midsummer. Picassos museum is cool. The beaches are clean but kindy rocky...and water was cold.

God bless. Safe travels.

Comment

We leave Saturday headed to Spain for a week. We arrive in Malaga on April 22 spending a couple of days there then taking a train to Madrid for the remainder of the week. My wife is really looking forward to the trip

Comment

I was there and a pick pocket got me. Bummed me out.

Comment

Originally posted by aggie2000tx View Post
                      We leave Saturday headed to Spain for a week. We arrive in Malaga on April 22 spending a couple of days there then taking a train to Madrid for the remainder of the week. My wife is really looking forward to the trip
                      Your wife is, but you are not, huh? I was skeptical, but ended up enjoying it, especially the history of the place. When you stand at the window where Queen Isabela first saw the Atlantic Ocean, it's rather humbling. Or you stand at the port where Columbus and Magellan sailed from, it's quite amazing.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt_C View Post
                        I was there and a pick pocket got me. Bummed me out.
                        Gypsies, they'll get ya every time. Be on the look out!

Comment

Got a buddy over there right now hunting Ibex !!!
                          I will see if I can get a few recommendations on what to do and places to go...

Comment

I really wasn’t overly impressed with Spain but they do have some really good food hit hip the tapas bars.

Comment

We really enjoyed San Sebastian. West coast.
                              Lesto!!

Comment

I've never been to Spain, but I kinda like the music.

Comment

Working...
                                X