No announcement yet.

Cost of Braces??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We just put braces on my oldest daughter...$5500 everything included without insurance. I looked at getting dental insurance through our school insurance but they would only pay $100 towards braces a year...

Comment

Both my girls had to have them and it cost me approximately $3,500.00 each or $7K total.

My dental plan paid approximately $1,000.00 each on top of the 7K. So i guess if I did not have dental insurance I would have been out of pocket close to $4,500 per girl or a total of 9K

Rwc

Comment

We paid $2,650 out of pocket & insurance covered the other $3,000.

Comment

Little story: My daughter had braces several years ago. We paid $100/month for 2 yrs + what the insurance covered (don't remember $). Friends had braces put on a couple months later on their daughter. They had no insurance and paid $100/month for 2 years! Kinda chapped my hind end how they would take advantage of a person with insurance!

Comment

Originally posted by Bowhuntamistad View Post
            Take a trip to the border, you'll save some coin.
            Monthly from east Texas for a couple years? Can’t see how that would be cost effective.
            5-6 grand for my kiddo dental covered about a grand.

Comment

Not sure but I think at was around 3500.00 after the insurance. All 5 of my kids needed braces. Talk about a kick in the you know what's!

Comment

Pretty much in line with what we paid. Daughter just got hers off.

Comment

Going through it right now with 2 kiddos. One is $4,000 and the other is $4,500.

Comment

I have a year left in mine and I have the clear braces on top teeth( most people don't even realize I have braces) and conventional on bottom and I paid cash $6,000 hope this helps

Comment

I paid just over $5000 out of pocket for my daughters, my insurance only covered $1500.

Comment

I think my daughter's were about $3,500 about 8 years ago. My son just finished his and my wife is in here still. We paid $4K for each of them.

Comment

Just finished a 4 year process with my snaggletooth 16 yo, 6K out of pocket with insurance.

Comment

If Riley ever needs braces she's going to Mexico. My brother is BP agent in Del Rio and took my niece there to get hers. $1200 for everything and her teeth are perfect now. I will drive down once a month if have to

Comment

That price is about right. My 15 yo finished his last year. I'm all for making sure my kids are healthy and look presentable, but dam what a racket the ortho business is. Maybe $100 in parts and $5500 in labor. Oh when your kid is done and wearing retainer don't let them loose it or that's another couple hundred.

Comment

I had braces from the 7th grade until my senior year of college. I had an underbite. I had two impacted canines (baby teeth still there and the adult teeth wouldn't come down) that had to be pulled and brought down with chains. Long story short I had numerous surgeries both on my gums and my jaw, 2 different orthos (after moving away for college).

I now have all crowns because my teeth were anklelose (sp?) and would not move with braces or any other device. This may have been due to being in braces for so long as well.

My advice? Get as many opinions as you can. Way too much money to spend now, and possibly more in the future is there is another issue. My parents spent well over 100k on my mouth, and I'm incredibly grateful they did so, but we are of the opinion the problem could have been fixed much sooner and cheaper early on.

Worst part of all that is my teeth were never crooked to begin with. Only a slight overbite and 2 baby teeth.

Comment

Working...
                                X