Update: Lavon COE deer hunting.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bossbowman View Post
    The gardening guy on the radio owns property that borders lavon COE?, well that explains alot ...

It's close but doesn't border it at all. About 500 yards away with a road in between

Comment

The best way to effect change on public lands is to write your Congressman.

Public land managers hate to get congressional inquiries. They have to respond and justify their decisions.

Comment

Originally posted by bossbowman View Post
        The gardening guy on the radio owns property that borders lavon COE?, well that explains alot ...
        He's pretty cool. I stopped and talked to him one day. The hunting doesn't bother him. He's more into gardening than wildlife.

Comment

I appears an archery deer draw @ lavon has been shot down again this year. I do wish they would publish their biological data showing the continued reasoning for this decision, collin county now has a deer season and most if not all of its deer live in and around the this lake and the drainages running into it. Again if they want to keep it as a refuge why not do a smaller hagerman like draw.
          Last edited by bossbowman; 06-20-2016, 09:08 AM.

Comment

One day buddy.. one day

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Comment

Just a thought, but there are at least a couple dozen deer killed on 380 every year by my best guess. If some one had the time to photograph all the carcasses and accident damage caused it may help build a case for a management program.

Comment

What are you guys talking about? I've been hunting deer on Lavon for years. Some big bucks out there!

Comment

I'm beginning to think, the head honcho at the Lavon COE office is either a Hippie or a PETA member... He frowns on hunting and fishing....

Comment

Who Represents Me provides information about current districts and members of the Texas Senate, Texas House of Representatives, the Texas delegation to the U.S. Senate and House of Representatives, and the State Board of Education.

Find out who your representative is and mail them!

I've been doing the same with a piece of public land on the other side of the metroplex that doesn't allow spring turkey but has a season.

Comment

So id be interested in someone answering this question because I'm just curious... Denton County has been huntable for sometime now... when did lake grapevine become a lottery hunt?

Comment

For sevvvveral years!

Comment

Originally posted by BassProJD View Post
                          For sevvvveral years!

I know that, but my point is how long did it take the lake to open up the lottery in comparison to how long the county had already been huntable..

Comment

Ohhhh my bad!

Comment

Nah its all good.. It was confusing..

I would be interested to know also how the deer population grew on the vine as the surrounding areas became urbanized.

Comment

Call me crazy but I'm guessing the bordering landowners might not want a deer hunt out there EVER!

Last edited by bossbowman; 12-07-2016, 03:25 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X