Gas or diesel?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rubi513 View Post
    With no major repairs? Probably. But the higher the mileage the more chance of a costly repair with a diesel.

It may not be worth it to some, but I sure enjoy the power of the diesel.

My bil just deleted his powerstroke and it sure runs good! I am getting the itch!

I’m talking 5 years under 100k for warranty purposes. I have heard of a few ford fuel systems that like to go out at 101k with a repair bill of around 10k.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Black Ice View Post
      I’m talking 5 years under 100k for warranty purposes. I have heard of a few ford fuel systems that like to go out at 101k with a repair bill of around 10k.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Problem is the 100k mile warranty doesn’t cover all the emission bs. Not sure on the fuel system.

Comment

Problem is the 100k mile warranty doesn’t cover all the emission bs. Not sure on the fuel system.
        I have yet to hear of a fuel system that Ford covered without blaming bad diesel. Not saying it doesn’t happen, but I haven’t seen it. They usually say water in fuel or contamination from everything I’ve seem. It’s not covered in either scenario either.

Comment

My Ford is the same way. Shows 18, but gets 16.5.

I bought my current truck in 2016 (6.7 Powerstroke). I almost bought the 6.2 Ford gas.
          I test drove it for the weekend. It showed it was getting around 10 mpg. That truck had 4.30 gears.
          Mileage wasn’t really a concern of mine. The only thing I didn’t like was when on the highway and you wanted to go around someone, but not floor it. It would almost always have to downshift. My diesels have never had to do that. Maybe I am just used to the torque of a diesel. That’s all I have owned since the early 90s.
          Who knows I may buy a gas next go around with the way prices are going up on trucks.
          my 6.2 ford has 4.30 rear 4x4. I get about 12.5-13 around town. 14 hwy if i keep it at 70. Pulling 13K fifth wheel i get about 7-8

Comment

I went from a 3/4 ton diesel to a 1/2 ton gasser 3 years ago, took me about 3 months to regret it.. I put a leveling kit and bigger tires on it which was a mistake, I knew it would hurt my mpg but didn't know it would kill it.. when I pull my mule I get about 7 mpg which adds up making a lot of lease trips at 500 miles round trip.. also the 1/2 ton is what's keeping me from buying a travel trailer right now..

Comment

Originally posted by TX03RUBI View Post
              I have yet to hear of a fuel system that Ford covered without blaming bad diesel. Not saying it doesn’t happen, but I haven’t seen it. They usually say water in fuel or contamination from everything I’ve seem. It’s not covered in either scenario either.
              I have read somewhere your insurance may cover it if it’s bad fuel. Of course you still have to pay your deductible.

Comment

I have read somewhere your insurance may cover it if it’s bad fuel. Of course you still have to pay your deductible.
                I’ve seen that a few times as well, but Ford is notorious for denying claims on the fuel system.

Comment

They covered my emissions stuff for some reason after the 2yr/24k period, as well as replacing injectors at 42K miles. That's when I was done with it and traded it in on the 6.4.

Comment

Originally posted by CWendling View Post
                    my 6.2 ford has 4.30 rear 4x4. I get about 12.5-13 around town. 14 hwy if i keep it at 70. Pulling 13K fifth wheel i get about 7-8
                    Not bad.
                    My foot seems to be a little heavy.

Comment

I've had both. Gas, unless you are towing over 10k more than once a week. The diesel just doesn't justify the extra cost unless you need it.

Comment

Originally posted by captainsling View Post
                        They covered my emissions stuff for some reason after the 2yr/24k period, as well as replacing injectors at 42K miles. That's when I was done with it and traded it in on the 6.4.
                        Some emission parts are warrantied up to 8 year 80k miles.

Comment

If you ever tow more than 11 or 12k you need a HD or SD pickup. For those it makes a lot of sense to go diesel imo. More expensive to buy but also better resale.

If you only plan on towing 6-7k regularly or occasionally 8-10k a half ton gas will be cheaper to buy and operate. It will get better mpg, be easier to park, accelerate faster, and ride better, they are lighter so handle mud better and their softer suspension handles rocks and other offroad obstacles better.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by kcnatural View Post
                            I don't really consider it a need thing. I like to drive a diesel. Do I need one, hell no. I have a bunch of crap I don't need. I don't need a 55" inch tv, but I have one
                            Same here but trust me you need a 75 inch tv

Comment

Working...
                            X