Sierra Game-Changer Bullets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SabreKiller View Post
    I've had too many issues with them in my .270 and and my .257 Roberts. I've switched over to the Accubond and the Barnes TTSX.
    I have some 130 grain Gamekings loaded for my 270. I didn’t hunt with it last year, so I haven’t tried them yet.

Comment

Originally posted by bbqfan5909 View Post
      Missing the boat not going with 140 grain in 6.5 IMO.
      I wish they offered a 140gr for the 7mm. 165 gr is a little heavy for what I want to shoot out of my 7-08

Comment

Missing the boat not going with 140 grain in 6.5 IMO.
        I'd like to see a 155 like Berger has been teasing us with for some time now.

They look good and I've always thought the SGK had excellent on game performance but could use a BC upgrade.

Comment

Those 155s I see great with a 1-9 twist rate in a 6.5.

Originally posted by Slick8 View Post
          I'd like to see a 155 like Berger has been teasing us with for some time now.

They look good and I've always thought the SGK had excellent on game performance but could use a BC upgrade.

Comment

I will differently give these a shot when available. No pun intended. I use their 140gr Gamekings in all of my 6.5x55s and the 160gr in my 7x57s and both perform very well.

Comment

Those 155s I see great with a 1-9 twist rate in a 6.5.

I think Berger is recommending a 7-7.5 twist for the vaporware 155s in a 6.5mm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Until Sierra makes a solid or bonded bullet, nothing manufactured by them will be a game changer.

Sent from my TA-1004 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post

7.5 is what was suggested for the 150 SMK’s

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post

Starting to think all 6.5 Bergers are vaporware! Lol

Comment

Originally posted by Stick1 View Post
                      Starting to think all 6.5 Bergers are vaporware! Lol
                      Isn’t that the truth. They have been saying 6 weeks for the last 6 months on their 6.5 140 VLD. You are going to have my rifle built before they get any bullets on the shelf.

Comment

Originally posted by mchildress View Post
                        Isn’t that the truth. They have been saying 6 weeks for the last 6 months on their 6.5 140 VLD. You are going to have my rifle built before they get any bullets on the shelf.
                        I been using the 135 gr Berger Classic Hunter in 6.5 and my rifle shoots them real good with RL26. I don’t know why they did not round it up to 140 or 145 grs.

Now Sierra comes out with a lighter bullet in 6.5.

Comment

Originally posted by Radar View Post
                          I been using the 135 gr Berger Classic Hunter in 6.5 and my rifle shoots them real good with RL26. I don’t know why they did not round it up to 140 or 145 grs.

Now Sierra comes out with a lighter bullet in 6.5.
                          I went with a long action on the 6.5-284 for the VLD. The Classic Hunter is a lil shorter and would be looking at them if I would have gone with a short action hearing positive reviews. I’m kicking around ordering JLK VLD if Berger doesn’t get them on the shelf pretty quick.

Comment

Working...
                          X