Storing travel trailer in summer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Storing travel trailer in summer

Anything y'all do special for storing your campers in the heat? I usually just open the bathroom door, open freezer and fridge door, and put 2 of those damprid things in both ends of the trailer and haven't had a problem.

But was talking to someone and they mentioned how their pleather sofa/futon was cracking from it being too dry in theirs. In looking on the internet there is a lot of suggestions of leaving water in the trailer so it doesnt get too dry but that's usually climates like AZ. They also suggested some wood conditioner so the wood wont dry out. In Austin area we aren't crazy humid in the summer but not AZ dry either. I was thinking of a light coat of armor all on my seats.

y'all do anything special to keep the high temps from weathering your trailers?

Comment

Subscribed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Mines going on five years and I’ve never done any of that and the woods and leather are all fine. I pull it to the storage place, open up the fridge and freezer and come back when it’s time to use it again. Never done anything special.

Comment

I’m 30mins from the coast, so it’s humid to say the least. My camper now stays under the lean to on the shop, with the AC on 87. Before the shop, it sat in the driveway. It would get so hot inside, I never had an issue with humidity.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Pics of the couch. How would you prevent this?

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Comment

Some type of leather conditioner should work, but the one we use has the same couch and doesnt have wear like that and it stays out in the weather/ sun 24/7 at my buddies property.

Comment

I'm wondering if using the damp rid things to remove the moisture from the air is contributing to the couch showing that much wear.

Comment

Working...
                X