Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

*****Treestand Recall***** API, Big Game.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

*****Treestand Recall***** API, Big Game.

As hunters across the U.S. head out into the woods for hunting season, they should be aware of several tree stands recalled this week because they pose a fall hazard to the user. On Tuesday, Oct. 2…

As hunters across the U.S. head out into the woods for hunting season, they should be aware of several tree stands recalled this week because they pose a fall hazard to the user.
    On Tuesday, Oct. 20, 2015, the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission announced the recall of three models of tree stands manufactured by Big Game, and one API Outdoors model made by Global Manufacturing Company, that all use a potentially defective cable assembly that may release unexpectedly. These climbing tree stands are used to hunt from an elevated position and all were sold with an accessory bag.
    There has been one report of the cable assembly on a Big Game tree stand releasing, which resulted in injuries to the user’s knee, wrist and hip, and another report of failure in an API Outdoors tree stand that resulted in a broken vertebra, fractured rib and sprained shoulder.
    Consumers are warned not to use these recalled tree stands until they receive the free replacement cables.
    Recalled Tree Stands by Big Game
    Certain batch numbers of The Outlook, The Cobalt and The Fusion model tree stands are included in the recall. The black metal tree stands include the main stand platform with a nylon hanging strap assembly. The Outlook model has a nylon netted seat without a backrest. The Cobalt and The Fusion models have a camouflage-print, padded seat with the Big Game logo at the front of the backrest. Consumers can locate the batch number on a small tag on the frame below the seat. The batch number starts with BN.
    The tree stand recall affects about 12,200 Big Game climbing tree stands, all 2014 models with these batch numbers:
    CL050 – The Outlook with batch number 9B-0414
    CL100-A – The Cobalt with batch numbers 9B-0214 and 9B-0514
    CL500-AP – The Fusion with batch numbers 9B-0214 and 9B-0514
    CL050 – The Outlook Recalled Tree Stands
    CL050 – The Outlook Recalled Tree Stands
    CL100-A – The Cobalt Recalled Tree Stands
    CL100-A – The Cobalt Recalled Tree Stands
    CL500-AP – The Fusion Recalled Tree Stands
    CL500-AP – The Fusion Recalled Tree Stands
    These Big Game tree stands were sold June 2014 through July 2015 at Bass Pro Shop, Cabela’s, Menards, Rogers Sporting Goods and Sportsman’s Guide stores nationwide and online for between $130 and $380.
    Owners of these recalled tree stands must contact Big Game at 1-800-268-5077 to request the replacement cables or visit www.biggametreestands.com to submit the request online.
    Recalled API Outdoors Tree Stands
    This recall involves certain batch numbers of API Outdoors – The Marksman model climbing tree stand. The light green metal tree stands include the main stand platform with a nylon hanging strap assembly. They have a nylon netted seat without a backrest. The batch number starts with BN and can be found on a small tag located on the frame below the seat.
    The tree stand recall affects about 5,300 API Outdoors model year 2014 climbing tree stands with these batch numbers:
    GCL300-A – The Marksman with batch numbers 9G-0114 and 9G-0614
    GCL300-A – The Marksman Recalled Tree Stands
    GCL300-A – The Marksman Recalled Tree Stands
    Consumers may have purchased these tree stands from June 2014 through June 2015 at Menards and Rogers Sporting Goods stores nationwide and online for $140–$180.
    Owners of these recalled API Outdoors tree stands must contact Global Manufacturing Company at 1-888-393-9611 to request the replacement cables or visit www.apioutdoors.com to submit the request online.
    Last edited by JW; 12-13-2015, 10:42 PM.

I've only had 1 close call while hunting from a tree stand and it was an API Grand Slam that wasn't a month old. The seat ripped before daylight and if I hadn't been bundled up like I was there's a real good chance I would have died. I was close to 40' up.

I know 2 people personally that broke their backs from tree stand failures... Both were API's. It's amazing they're still in business.

Comment

Originally posted by jooger17 View Post
      I've only had 1 close call while hunting from a tree stand and it was an API Grand Slam that wasn't a month old. The seat ripped before daylight and if I hadn't been bundled up like I was there's a real good chance I would have died. I was close to 40' up.

I know 2 people personally that broke their backs from tree stand failures... Both were API's. It's amazing they're still in business.
      Holy cow. That's terrible.

Comment

Ttt

Comment

Originally posted by jooger17 View Post

Wow!!!

Comment

Lucky I decided on the phoenix!

Comment

Wow. thanks

Comment

Good info

Comment

I'm a big old guy and I hunt Summit

Comment

Great information - thank you. Now if I could only figure out how to get my wheelchair in the tree stand - haha!!!

Comment

Thanks for info

Comment

Good info, thanks...

Comment

Thanks! I just bought a Big Game from a buddy. I haven't even looked at it yet. He needed money so I said OK. It's still in the box in my shed.

Comment

Originally posted by jsk View Post
                            Thanks! I just bought a Big Game from a buddy. I haven't even looked at it yet. He needed money so I said OK. It's still in the box in my shed.

[emoji1417]

Comment

I'll just stick to the ground from now on

Comment

Working...
                              X