Deal Alert?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Deal Alert?

I have been thinking about getting one but have just never pulled the trigger. would this be one worth jumping on?

Depends on your intended use.... on a quick read, you need to verify or check the following.

This would do a "highly reflective target" to 600 yards. Probably a deer to 200-300 max. (USE CASE:
    gun hunting longer than a standard feeder shot)

I don't see a mention of angle compensation to display actual horizontal distance. Usually says ARC in the name. (USE CASE: archery hunting from tree stand)
    Last edited by howabouttheiris; 08-31-2017, 06:25 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by howabouttheiris View Post
      Depends on your intended use.... on a quick read, you need to verify or check the following.

This would do a "highly reflective target" to 600 yards. Probably a deer to 200-300 max. (USE CASE:
      gun hunting longer than a standard feeder shot)

I don't see a mention of angle compensation to display actual horizontal distance.
      (USE CASE: archery hunting from tree stand)
      I would be using it for bow hunting, but would the angle truly be that important just as long as you knew the distance?

Comment

I have this same one. I use it for bow hunting. Most my shots are flat and with in 30 yards. It works great for that.

Comment

I use this same one. Elevated and its worked great. I'm not 30' up a tree more like 12-15'.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by 2014FusionM View Post
            I would be using it for bow hunting, but would the angle truly be that important just as long as you knew the distance?
            Depends on the distance and elevation of your shooting location..... but no 'typically' less than a 1 yard max difference between horizontal and direct distance when the target is at 30-40yds and your stand is say 3-5yds high.

Just don't range a deer standing at the base of your tree or use it to range a long shot up/down a 45 degree grade.

Comment

Originally posted by 2014FusionM View Post
              https://www.amazon.com/Simmons-80160...00+rangefinder

I have been thinking about getting one but have just never pulled the trigger. would this be one worth jumping on?
              Wal-Mart in Tyler has them for $50 clearance. They also have a Bushnell Primos for $100 which is a better deal. Check your Walmart Clearance aisle or gun counter to see what they have before you buy off Amazon. I would pick you one up in Tyler but I'm not in that side of town today.

Comment

3 were tilt model and 2 didn't mention.
                Attached Files

Comment

I went with this one. $150-$250 online everywhere else. Tyler Walmart off Troup Hwy had 1 at counter 2 days ago.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Saw this this morning and after reading the reviews decided against it. Reliability issues.

Comment

I've had one for years. Works great.

Comment

Originally posted by Antlers86 View Post
                        I went with this one. $150-$250 online everywhere else. Tyler Walmart off Troup Hwy had 1 at counter 2 days ago.
                        I think you will be very pleased with this one...I picked one up at Gander on sale a few years ago and its served me well...use it for golf as well.

Comment

Originally posted by basskicker24 View Post
                          I have this same one. I use it for bow hunting. Most my shots are flat and with in 30 yards. It works great for that.
                          I've got one of these, and this has been my experience as well.

Regards,

Dave

Comment

I bought 2 last year for less than shown here.They are fine for bowhunting.

DJ

Comment

Working...
                            X