Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nothing says Merry Christmas like Killing!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well how did morning go

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

These high end, high fence deer hunts are easy! Right, we got schooled again. Had both shooter bucks in front of us. My favorite is a big mainframe 9 point with some flyers off his g2’s. He came in started to feed in front and junior got ready to shoot. He walked off. Came back and he got ready to shoot again. At that point all the deer spooked for no reason and he never came back! The other good deer is a mainframe 10 with one extra inline point and some extra points by the bases. He came in, got a little squirrelly and was leaving. Junior had a shoot but I couldn’t range for him and it was going to be 25-30 yards. I held him off on that. No sitatunga this am.

Lil doc rode around doing more window shopping. She saw all kinds of stuff including a monster buck that’s been elusive. He is in the 250-260 range and probably bigger than I want to shoot. She does have a desire to kill an aoudad but none spotted yet. Going to have some breakfast and then look around.

Comment

Our view this am.

Junior in the blind. Nice hat!!!!!

Comment

Good stuff!!!!! Heck of a call last night by JR for not just letting one fly. Can't say I would have done the same at his age

Comment

Leave that sitatunga alone and go shoot that markhor!!! Or you can just shoot both

Comment

Ha, when you scroll past that first pic quick, it looks like a dead buck in front the blind, but it ain't. Nice trick Doc!

Comment

Late to the party. Great thread in for more LDPs

Comment

Things are Looking Up... Congrats on every animal so far!!!

Good Luck this Afternoon!!!

Comment

Well, we went and looked for it all. Lil doc thinking about an aoudad. Saw a ram in the 32-33 inch range but he was hauling butt abs no shot. Saw a couple good mouflon. Scouted out the white bearded gnu which may be a last day target. She may be interested in Nyala now but they are elusive. Brain doc was here in November and tried for 3 days and could not kill one. Jr and I going back to same blind here shortly. Still no sightings of markhor! There are two big Texas Dalls that I was going to have jr stalk but the eluded is as well. Hopefully be back on track soon!

Comment

Good stuff

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Seems like a great trip so far!

Comment

Good luck on continued ldp’s

Comment

Good luck this eve! Critters are moving!!

Comment

Must be tracking and taking pics

Comment

Well, junior finally got the shot at the big 9 point. He was at 18-19 yards and barely quartered away. To me the shot looked perfect. 1/3 of the way up and 16-18 inches of arrow out the far side and right on it just in front of the shoulder. After 20 min I couldn’t take and wanted to take a peek. No deer! Couldn’t find blood or arrow. Derek came and we found blood 60-70 yards down the trail. Followed blood another 100 yards and nothing else. We did find one place where he stood or bedded. I’m confused, upset, sad for junior and want to vomit! We have Mathew Mcwilliams on the way out with his dog. I’m praying the deer is dead and I saw it right or the dog can bay the deer and we finish it. It was shot with a 4 blade stinger.

Comment

Working...
                                X