Hog down

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hog down

I've been helping my pastors son get into hunting. His dad isn't really into it so he ask me lots of questions and I go show him stuff when I get a chance. He went on a hunt with me this past year. Well I got a call from his brother sat morning:

One of his little sisters went outside the feed the dog and saw a hog chasing it. She went and woke up Kaleb(7th grader) instead of her older brother or dad and tells him what's going on. He doesnt believe her so he goes outside and sees the hog chasing the dog. He runs into the house and into his parents room where his dad had just got out of the shower. Pastor starts yelling at him as he says, "to bad, there's a hog chasing Delila.". He grabs his 12 ga and one slug. He goes running out of the house while loading the shotgun and chases the hog into the back yard. Dad comes out screaming "you only grabbed one shell" as Kaleb yells back " I only need one.". He gets about 30 yards from the hog and aims through a wood fence and BOOM. Hog does a back flip and then runs about 60 feet and dies.

This is where I get the call asking to show him how to clean it. Glad to have someone I can teach about the outdoors since my kids aren't old enough yet.

Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1368558378972.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	144.5 KB
ID:	24964850

* story was told to me , but figured it was good enough for y'all to hear it too.

Comment

How big was it? It looks heavy bodied but the face looks young.

Comment

Great story !!!

Comment

Awesome!

Comment

Bacon on the grill!

Comment

thats awesome thanks for sharing...and kudos to you

Comment

Nicely done.

Comment

Dirt nap!!

Comment

Was this in the Aransas Pass area?
                    Looks like its got some pot belly genes by the look of the head.

Comment

Originally posted by SLICE & DICE View Post
                      Was this in the Aransas Pass area?
                      Looks like its got some pot belly genes by the look of the head.
                      Hopefully not someone's pet just playing with the dog and got a 12 ga slug in the back yard congrats on his first kill :thumbsup:

Comment

Is that a pot belly mix!?

Comment

It was between AP and Ingleside. If it was someone's pet, I will have to tell them how their pet taste this weekend!! It was around 80 LBS on the hoof. It was a baby.

Comment

Just throwing this out there....

We raised a wild hog from about the size of a beer can to 300lbs when I was a kid. He thought he was a dog, and would chase them all over the place.

Not saying I wouldn't eat it, just may not invite the neighbors. lol.
                            Last edited by HNT ETX; 05-14-2013, 03:05 PM.

Comment

great story wish I had a place close to hunt!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X