Nephew’s wedding moved too close to my deer stand

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hoss163 View Post
    First of all who gets married during deer season??

Lol, I got married opening day of rifle season. I never hunt that weekend and I do not rifle hunt

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

We have parties at the farm within 100 yards of some of the sets and it doesn’t effect the hunt.

Comment

Originally posted by IowaHunter View Post
        We have parties at the farm within 100 yards of some of the sets and it doesn’t effect the hunt.
        I think I am good. Only half joking. Excited about the wedding. Lots of projects that have been put off for years will get done between now and then. I like late late October and first week of November for my chances and by them the pine donkeys won’t even remember we had the shindig. Plus... and this is a big plus.... I will have to be up there a lot before the wedding, you know.... to cut grass etc. perfect for quick am and pm sits.

Comment

Originally posted by bps3040 View Post
          Lol, I got married opening day of rifle season. I never hunt that weekend and I do not rifle hunt

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          My bday is Oct 1st, got married on Oct 2nd...did it so I’d never forget my anniversary. Atthe time, had no idea this was opening day of bow season....hadn’t even considered bow hunting 18 years ago.

Comment

BTW is he a bow hunter? Terrible time of year to get married or have kids
            9 or ten other months to get married besides rut!

I figure it will not affect the deer for long. But I would continue to handcorn

I did see a deer at a wedding once in the woodlands at Carlton woods. I think they were brought by the wedding planner for decor.

Comment

I call BS... nobody sane offers their farm for a wedding with a bunch of guests during deer season!

What's the date today?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

None of us are getting younger. Tell that nephew he’ll need to wheel you to your stand when the time comes - and maybe load up your deer and help dress it too. Other than that I got nothing...

Comment

Originally posted by nursejenn View Post
                  I call BS... nobody sane offers their farm for a wedding with a bunch of guests during deer season!

What's the date today?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
                  No! This is def not an April fool’s joke! It’s seriously going down!

Comment

Originally posted by StrayDog View Post
                    None of us are getting younger. Tell that nephew he’ll need to wheel you to your stand when the time comes - and maybe load up your deer and help dress it too. Other than that I got nothing...
                    See, this guy gets it! Especially due to fact my wife and I do not have kids!

Comment

Originally posted by Big pig View Post
                      BTW is he a bow hunter? Terrible time of year to get married or have kids
                      9 or ten other months to get married besides rut!

I figure it will not affect the deer for long. But I would continue to handcorn

I did see a deer at a wedding once in the woodlands at Carlton woods. I think they were brought by the wedding planner for decor.

He is a good kid, but he does not bow hunt. He likes turkey hunting and he scored a great hunt for us next weekend! He does deer hunt, but not bow.

Comment

Actually, he dabbled in bowhunting, not hardcore.

Comment

Tell them that weekends full!

Comment

So, exactly when did you lose control of your marriage?

Comment

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post
                              So, exactly when did you lose control of your marriage?
                              Like everyone else who is married, their wedding day! Serious, I would not call it “in control” but my wife is very understanding and tolerant..heck she supported my 6 month AT hike and never hassled me.

Comment

Move the feeder but kick your nephew in the twins before his wedding night!

Comment

Working...
                                X