Ground bow blinds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ground bow blinds

Has anyone ever built a wooden ground blind for bow hunting.it doesn’t need a floor?

We have several. Yes on the Floor. Snakes!!

Comment

Build lots of brush blinds. When you say wooden are to talking box blind? If you have cedar trees it's almost too easy to build a brushblind with built in scent control.

Comment

Originally posted by zappmaster View Post
        Has anyone ever built a wooden ground blind for bow hunting.it doesn’t need a floor?
        I have built several. Mine is Stonewall has no floor. Makes it very quiet in there. I usually put them on a four foot tall platform, so that forms the floor.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Currently box blinds is all I'm bowhunter out of at the moment. I put floors in mine, but you could frame and build them without. I would recommend a floor though.
          Attached Files

Comment

Sorry the first pic posted sideways. Maybe this one will come thru upright
            Attached Files

Comment

There was a thread on here where a guy was hunting either first point, or brushy hill. He build a very functional ground blind out of PVC and netting. Its mobil and light. I could not find it.

Comment

I've built several wooden bow ground blinds. Got to have a floor in them or you will get critters digging in. Trust me you don't want things in your blind when you are getting in them.

Comment

I hunted out of blinds for years without a floor. I dug a trench around the outside of blind and put 12 inch flashing. Screwed to blind base and covered up with dirt. Worked like a charm and never had mice or snakes in the blinds until they fell apart after years of use.

Comment

Originally posted by hunter68 View Post
                    I hunted out of blinds for years without a floor. I dug a trench around the outside of blind and put 12 inch flashing. Screwed to blind base and covered up with dirt. Worked like a charm and never had mice or snakes in the blinds until they fell apart after years of use.

Sounds like a floor would be less work

Comment

What's the difference in hunting in your pop up blind all year with no floor? I did it last year, and had no trouble with water coming in, or critters getting in.

Comment

Built a bunch with and without floors. Love the ones with no floor!

Comment

I have built 2 octagons. One wood one steel. Both have floors. Deer get used to them much faster than pop ups.

Search diy section for cattle panel blind if you want quick and cheap. I have pics of both builds over there. This is the latest

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Built several in the past. Yes need a floor and would recommend raising it off the ground a foot or more. My last one was 3 feet off the ground and gave a great view!

Comment

Working...
                            X