Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2018 Houston Astros season thread, Repeat!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by smithb164 View Post
    I couldn't remember if the Chapman thing happened before he went to the Yankees, or the Cubs.

If right before they cubs, they couldn't care less, they won a World Series as a result!
    Nope it was when the Reds had him. The Yanks had no problem picking up his talented arm. Im not saying I agree or disagree, just pointing out the typical hypocrisy of the national media.

And yes, go Astros! Hopefully they finish off the 9th and walk out of Seattle winning 2 of 3 and gaining a game on them in the standings.

Comment

Good news everyone in the lineup today has at least one hit. The only thing concerning was after getting 2 hits in his first 2 ABs, Jake struck out on pitches out of the strike zone his next two ABs. That is what got him in trouble previously. I hope he will relax and trust himself at the plate. If he can hit .250 with the occassional home run, he will be in the outfield nearly everyday.

Comment

Is it bad when you hope guys like Davis and Marisnick don’t get another bat during the game because they finally climbed above .200 BA?

Comment

They better not sneeze or they wont be there. Both sitting at exactly .200 lol. With a day off tomorrow the dont have to worry about slipping below that mark for at least 48 hrs.

Comment

duplicate

Comment

Carlos to rehab assignment is good news..

Comment

Tucker...sent down? Seriously?

Now where does that leave the discussion/constructive debate (term used very loosely) and the results?

Go ahead. I'll wait.

Comment

Shout out to rtp for restoring order!

Comment

Originally posted by Jaybo31 View Post
                    I think it means Tucker can't hit the broad side of the barn with a base fiddle. I know he's good and will get better but he has been underwhelming to say the least.
                    .150 after 50 at bats.

Yes. The current Tucker project is over. No #'s = no trade interest.

Back down and work on the craft. Chipper had to wait 5 yrs before he got his shot at the show.

Comment

Originally posted by tigerscowboy View Post
                      .150 after 50 at bats.

Yes. The current Tucker project is over. No #'s = no trade interest.

Back down and work on the craft. Chipper had to wait 5 yrs before he got his shot at the show.

You strike me as a guy with great “leadership” skills...

Comment

Originally posted by RINCON View Post
                        As I understand, you believe that the entire flock (the team) should suffer for the growth of one lamb (a rookie) when time and results are critical?

Seriously! .150 after 50 bats? Club was more than patient on this effort. He'll get another call-up.
                        Last edited by tigerscowboy; 08-01-2018, 09:08 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by RINCON View Post
                          I wouldn't lead men with your mindset, I'd fire them.

Perform, or work harder for the next opportunity (if you get one). If one succeeds, the rewards are more than they dreamed.

(D#%& problem with today's society and work force today)

Comment

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by tigerscowboy View Post
                                I wouldn't lead men with your mindset, I'd fire them.

Perform, or work harder for the next opportunity (if you get one). If one succeeds, the rewards are more than they dreamed.

(D#%& problem with today's society and work force today)
                                You should be a motivational speaker...

Comment

Working...
                                X