Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have some in San Leon. They run around my bulk head

Comment

Used to see them all the time on the dam at Lake Conroe. Funny critters to watch. Perch snatchin little suckers too.

Comment

There are PLENTY mink in east tx. river otters too. They look like a big version of a mink and make tracks that look like super sized mink tracks.

Comment

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
          There are PLENTY mink in east tx. river otters too. They look like a big version of a mink and make tracks that look like super sized mink tracks.
          Yea, and some folks call 'em Coati's!

Comment

I have mink on my property in Freestone county. See them alot at the low water crossing catching minnows.

Comment

In the past I would see them pretty regular, been a couple of years. Newton, Orange County and all over La.

Comment

Here's some River Otters I filmed on my old lease in Liberty County:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mIqC9ZirE8E"]Texas River Otters - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

Used to see them all the time on Conroe when fishing around the Dam. As mentioned they love the rocks.

Comment

Thanks for the feedback.
                    It could have been a very small otter, but size fit a mink.
                    I have seen beavers there in the past.
                    Funny you guys mention the rocks and lake Conroe.
                    Only two mink I have ever seen were there on the rip-rap of the dam.

Maybe I will put up a camera on the creek this summer.
                    Have a crossing there and get all types of critters, but no mink yet.

Comment

Yea, I've found me a new creek crossing on my East Texas place... got some good deer pics, but I'm thinking when the weather warms up a bit, I'll get me some big 'gator pics too, maybe even some "action" shots!

Comment

A lot around Caddo Lake We chased a mink one night around the cypress trees in Ames Springs Basin till I got him in the dip net. My life flashed before my eyes after putting him in the boat. Not like the nutria we had caught.

Comment

There are a bunch of them on the rock levis on Sabine Lake. My wife has some pics somewhere of here feeding while we were crabbing...

Comment

Originally posted by timberking View Post
                            A lot around Caddo Lake We chased a mink one night around the cypress trees in Ames Springs Basin till I got him in the dip net. My life flashed before my eyes after putting him in the boat. Not like the nutria we had caught.
                            Yea, not sure I'd put a live mink in any kind of confined space with me... They may be small, but remember, they are a member of the weasel family and thus have a mouth full of teeff and a pissy attitude to go along with 'em!

Probably had more trouble turnin' the sucker loose than you did catchin' 'im!

Comment

Dad used to trap along the Lower Sabine River and would catch one now and then.

Comment

Lake Arlington has a pretty good group of them

Comment

Working...
                                X