Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2017 Panhandle Hunting Thread (5th Annual!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by myway View Post
    Well I didn’t catch it on the first look but that’s the best use of a yuca that I have seen!

We typically forget to bring string or zip ties. In our neck of the woods we call yuca beargrass. It’s held many tags over the years. Thanks everyone. Congratulations to you Heron, beautiful buck.

Not this Cowboy...

Comment

Duzy, that buck has a very similiar shape to one a good friend of mine killed over between Briscoe and Allison 8-10 years ago. High and tons of mass. It easily had the most mass I have ever seen on a deer. The bases on it were just a hair under 8".

IMG_3698 by , on Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by Jethro View Post
        Duzy, that buck has a very similiar shape to one a good friend of mine killed over between Briscoe and Allison 8-10 years ago. High and tons of mass. It easily had the most mass I have ever seen on a deer. The bases on it were just a hair under 8".

IMG_3698 by , on Flickr

Mercy that’s a beast

Not this Cowboy...

Comment

Originally posted by Duzy View Post
          Bases just above the burr 6 7/8

Not this Cowboy...

Congratulations
          Nice buck

Comment

Got a doe this morning.
            Attached Files

Comment

Looks delicious

Comment

Originally posted by Hi-Lonesome View Post
                Got a doe this morning.
                Congrats! A buddy of mine is out at my place right now with his dad who took a fat doe yesterday.

Comment

Merry Christmas to guys from Santa! Remember if you don't get what you asked for then you were probably on my list. Here are a couple of deer that made my naughty list in the past. Credit duzy for the Rudolph pic. I would have shot Rudolph with my bow but me and him went to the dirt last year and I came out with a hernia. I couldn't draw my bow after surgery so I broke in my new ar 15 on him.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

HA! Now wonder Santa has been skipping my house.

Comment

Merry Christmas to all you good folks who hunt the panhandle

Comment

Fröhliche Weihnachten, y'all!

Comment

Originally posted by coldgas View Post
                          Merry Christmas to guys from Santa! Remember if you don't get what you asked for then you were probably on my list. Here are a couple of deer that made my naughty list in the past. Credit duzy for the Rudolph pic. I would have shot Rudolph with my bow but me and him went to the dirt last year and I came out with a hernia. I couldn't draw my bow after surgery so I broke in my new ar 15 on him.

Love it!

Comment

The cold has the deer moving. Went out yesterday evening and saw well over 50 deer. Thinned out a couple of does to get meat in the freezer. Went back to my bow tonight and saw lots of deer but nothing i can shoot. Lots of young bucks and no does. They are fun to watch but it's getting frustrating that all these young bucks keep the does chased off. One of the spikes may get it just because.

Comment

Brother, I think you may be the only Panhandler still at it. I know it's frustrating, but all those young bucks are a good problem to have. At least that attitude kept me sane during my season.

Congrats on the does and best of luck for the rest of your season.

Comment

I took my little hunting buddy up and we hunted the last few days. Wednesday was dang cold! Just like coldgas said, lots of deer moving but just young bucks and does. I can’t wait for my little guy to pull the trigger but for now he’s just tagging along. These trips with him are my favorite!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X