No announcement yet.

Caribbean Vacation Resorts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have been to Nassau Bahamas twice , Jamaica once, Grand Cayman Island once, Cancun once, Isla Majers once, Riverea Maya twice I think and Cozumel at least 10 times. They are all good but I prefer the laid back feel of Cozumel with more to do than Isla. We prefer to go from October to March since there are less kids. Look at cheapcarribean.com and funjet.com and get some ideas of where you want to stay with your budget.

Comment

St. Maarten or Grand Cayman are both great. St. Maarten is cool because you are kinda in two countries at once, France and Denmark.

Comment

Man, for caribbean and best bang for your buck is the Wyndham in La Romana, Republica Dominicana. Get a Bungalow on the beach bro...

Comment

US Virgin Islands. Great place, don't need a passport. Go in early September and its the start of the off season, great pricing and almost deserted islands. Just went in September of this year for a week $650 total.

Comment

Great suggestions.
            TXbowhunter, I was thinking September also but wasnt real sure how the weather is that time of year. I imagine storms popup just about every day

Comment

Originally posted by txbowhunter10 View Post
              US Virgin Islands. Great place, don't need a passport. Go in early September and its the start of the off season, great pricing and almost deserted islands. Just went in September of this year for a week $650 total.

Where in the the USVI for $650?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by bowhuntertx View Post
                Where in the the USVI for $650?

per person maybe?

Comment

I am doing an Eastern Caribbean cruise in July with Norwegian cruise line. I went on a cruise with them to Bermuda a few year ago and it was great so I am looking forward to it. I have 5 kids so a venture like this is not easy or cheap, we cruise out of Miami.

Comment

Originally posted by Hunter Dan View Post
                    I am doing an Eastern Caribbean cruise in July with Norwegian cruise line. I went on a cruise with them to Bermuda a few year ago and it was great so I am looking forward to it. I have 5 kids so a venture like this is not easy or cheap, we cruise out of Miami.
                    We did a little tire kickin' looking at cruises as well but decided to go the laid back rout and find a resort. We wanted a little more privacy time to explore the islands and not have a curfew to get back to the ship before departure to the next port.
                    I imagine once our little one gets older and can come with us on trips we will look a little more at cruises. Until then, its just me and my better half.
                    Last edited by bloodstick; 12-21-2016, 12:24 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by txbowhunter10 View Post
                      Originally posted by bloodstick View Post
                      Great suggestions.
                      TXbowhunter, I was thinking September also but wasnt real sure how the weather is that time of year. I imagine storms popup just about every day
                      August starts hurricane/rainy season. We just got back during Thanksgiving week and rained a lot.

End of November is nice usually and the end of slow season. My favorite time to go is in July as it's slower and very nice weather.

Note: the only place I imagine that will be in your budget is somewhere in St Thomas, which I've never stayed at. We usually go to the BVIs or to St John. Neither will be close to your budget.

Comment

westin laguna mar in can cun

Comment

Originally posted by txjustin View Post
                          August starts hurricane/rainy season. We just got back during Thanksgiving week and rained a lot.

End of November is nice usually and the end of slow season. My favorite time to go is in July as it's slower and very nice weather.

Note: the only place I imagine that will be in your budget is somewhere in St Thomas, which I've never stayed at. We usually go to the BVIs or to St John. Neither will be close to your budget.
                          Hurricane season was my biggest worry
                          I decided to look around the Sandals website and found a pretty nice place in St Lucia the last week of June for around $2100 for 5 nights. It was 1800 for 5 nights in the same room during september but like above, i worried about hurricane season.

St Lucia in June so far is my #1 pick.

Keep them coming guys.

Comment

Originally posted by txjustin View Post

BVI is without a doubt my favorite destination in the Caribbean. I love the ability to get away to some of the smaller midlands on day trips. Absolutely beautiful there. We have stayed on Tortola a few times and are always ready to go back

Comment

Originally posted by bloodstick View Post
                              Hurricane season was my biggest worry
                              I decided to look around the Sandals website and found a pretty nice place in St Lucia the last week of June for around $2100 for 5 nights. It was 1800 for 5 nights in the same room during september but like above, i worried about hurricane season.

St Lucia in June so far is my #1 pick.

Keep them coming guys.
                              I cant remember the name of the place but we stayed at the resort right next to the Sandals place. It was very nice and not as crowded. I have had friends stay at Sandals and they all loved it though.

Comment

I love Jamaica! Been 8 times and stayed at Couples Ocho Rios (called Tower Isle now). Great place to stay! And a lot cheaper than what you are trying to spend. If you wanted to spend that amount, maybe look at Bahamas.

Comment

Working...
                                X