No announcement yet.

Barn Build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Electrician got underground in for the power company. During inspection the power company decided it needed an additional pull box and 250 LF of additional primary cables. $1800 additional dollars later I’ll be glad when we’re done dealing with them.

Transformer base

Looking towards road

One of two required pull boxes

Excavator prepped for extra pull box while still on site

Corn starting to make ears

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Looking good
      Following your progress

Comment

Finally some progress. It’s been a trying couple months for sure. Had temporary electric inspected on 8/24 which the inspector failed stating we need ground fault breakers. Electrician called to let him know they are combination breakers (written right on them) and he said he would release. So he sends the release to the power company and they come out a couple days later. Unfortunately the big red not approved sticker was still on the equipment so they left even though they had the release in hand. Electrician called the inspector again and he said he would take care of. The power company arrives the next day and still a red sticker. They call me at this point and say call us back to reschedule when the sticker is changed. The electrician called the inspector several times and each time it was he was very busy blah blah blah. Finally we got the green approved sticker on 9/7. Called the power company on 9/10 and they said it would be hooked up in 3 days or this past Thursday. So I go out there Friday evening and the power is still not hooked up. Call Monday AM and they said they would look into. Call again later in the afternoon and same thing. Called this AM and said they would look into at which point I asked for a supervisor since nothing seemed to be happening. They lady on the other end seemed to really want to help at this point. Called me back and said they are short crews for the hurricane but did point out there wasn’t a hurricane last week when it should have been done. Supposed to be on sometime tomorrow. We’ll see.

After running a generator out there this AM the Amish guys got off to a rough start today. Thinking things will go smoother tomorrow. Not supposed to be any material deliveries and they also know where they are going. Google wants to put you back in a subdivision sometimes when using GPS. Hopefully we have a dry roof by the end of the week.

Comment

In for build. Congrats on what looks like a really nice piece of land.

Comment

Really cool thread. Nice Buck! What’s the story with him?

Comment

Originally posted by Kingfisher789 View Post
              Really cool thread. Nice Buck! What’s the story with him?

I actually shot him 3 years ago when he was 5.5 years old and a Booner. I figured I picked the wrong stand that evening and threw a big dip in pretty much mailing in the hunt. I grabbed my spit bottle and almost dropped it when I happened to look down and he was standing 10 yards from my tree at 4 in the afternoon. Didn’t adjust for the close range and steep angle and hit him high in no mans land with an arrow. Saw him a few times on camera a few weeks after that and he pretty much vanished from there. I think he just avoided my cameras from that year on. Fast forward to last day of gun season last year. I snuck into the woods to a stand I hadn’t hunted but one time all year. I heard some tickling of antlers and thought someone was hunting my place a 100 yards away. About 10-15 minutes later a little 6 point walks in front of me and passes behind me. Once behind me he gets a little jumpy and heads towards the crop field but I think nothing of his jumpiness. A few minutes later I heard a little noise behind me but assumed it was just another squirrel. Another 10 minutes go by and it is getting close to dark. I happen to look behind me and he’s at my 5 o’clock at 17 yards. Grabbed my shotgun and struggled to get steady cranked so far around in the stand but was able to get the shot off. I followed his blood trail about 100 yards until he jumped a fence. At this point I backed out until morning. I found him the next morning about another 100 yards behind my neighbors pond. Scored right at 160 and figure him to be 8.5 years old. He was a fighter and explained why all the bucks over 2.5 years on the farm had broken main beams the last couple years. Was just a big surprise because I had no trail camera pictures of him the last few years. Before that he was always on the camera.

Comment

^^^Cool story and nice buck^^^

Comment

Originally posted by RascalArms View Post
                  ^^^Cool story and nice buck^^^

Thanks.

Comment

Barn Build

Framers moving along pretty good considering 90 degree temps. This is after 2 days. Covered wrap around porch scheduled for tomorrow and setting trusses Monday AM.

Last edited by Ohio Darin; 09-20-2018, 01:42 PM.

Comment

following

Comment

This is how far the framers got after 3 1/2 days. Crane scheduled for Monday AM to set trusses.

Side view on apartment side

Back side of barn

Back of apartment looking to front

Back side of storage looking to front

Comment

Looks good.

Comment

That's going to be a sweet setup.......Thanks for sharing.

Rwc

Comment

Barn Build

Starting to look like a barn. They got pretty far along figuring 2 1/2 days were lost to rain. So far the only DIY has been general contracting. Won’t be long before I can actually put some sweat into it.

Last edited by Ohio Darin; 09-29-2018, 09:46 PM.

Comment

Real happy with the metal work so far.

Comment

Working...
                                X