Wood Siding Box Blind

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wood Siding Box Blind

Going to measure my Deer Stand Frame when I get off work .. But anybody use Wood House Siding ?

If you are talking about cement fiber type it's super tough but crazy heavy and needs a really good frame to attach it to.

Comment

No Cement siding . I know how heavy that is as my Friend built a storage shed for me .. You're right .. It's heavy .

Comment

At Home Depot I believe it's called smart siding. It's a light brown in color OSB based siding.

Comment

I built one using wood ship lap. It's beautiful

Comment

Yeah check "1st bow blind build" in this section i believe he is using that same material as your talking bout.

Comment

Smart siding offers some structural integrity. It will work. Be sure and paint it up real pretty like...

Comment

Smart siding is great http://discussions.texasbowhunter.co...d.php?t=533617

Comment

Originally posted by 2BigMethod View Post
                  Yeah check "1st bow blind build" in this section i believe he is using that same material as your talking bout.
                  Yes. I used smart siding.

Comment

I’ve built several probably 8 years ago out of vinyl siding I got for free from home remodels and they are all still in the woods and still look pretty good. Not brittle at all. And lightweight!

Comment

Smart side is pre primed. You should caulk all your nails and paint. The primer breaks down I’m UV light when not painted and will get chalky in a month or so. Paint it ASAP for best results. Should last a generation if painted well.

Comment

Just got enough siding yester day off of Craigslist and combined with the welded metal frame .. only got $ 135 into it so far and some work .. Lol. I'll post finished product once it's at the property.

Comment

Working...
                        X