Golf course help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Golf course help

This may be a long shot, but my daughter is playing in a golf tournament in June in and around Waco. We will not be able to get down there before hand for any practice rounds, so I thought there might be a chance someone one here might be able to give me a little info. She plays on Wildflower country club in Temple the first day, Ridgewood country club in Waco the second day, and Cottonwood Creek in Waco the third day. I have played cottonwood many years ago, but have never been on the other two. If any one can share any info on these courses, it would be greatly appreciated.

thanks

Grew up in Waco and played in the Starburst every year I was eligible. Grew up on Ridgewood and have played all the local courses a thousand times. I'll PM you my number and we'll connect that way.

Comment

I prepared for a tournament once by google earth the course and took measurements to bunkers, trees, and other objects or details I knew I'd be able to recognize once i got there.

Comment

Wildflower is on a hill. A few strange holes and fairly long. If the wind blows it's tuff. Ridgewood is a classic old country club. Shorter and easier of the two. Cottonwood is a muni usually in good shape. Can be long or short. Pretty straight forward.
        Best of luck to her!

Comment

Comment

Paging Roy D Munson. He shoots 2 shots better than just about anyone from Waco to Lorena

I bet he can give you some good advice. When is the tournament?

Comment

Originally posted by 17ncs View Post
              Paging Roy D Munson. He shoots 2 shots better than just about anyone from Waco to Lorena

I bet he can give you some good advice. When is the tournament?
              Its June 10th -14th

Comment

[QUOTE=17ncs;13378586]Paging Roy D Munson. He shoots 2 shots better than just about anyone from Waco to Lorena

Bet!! Lol haven’t heard of him.

Ridgewood and wildflower both require positioning off the tee box, but are shorter courses. Keep it in the fairway and you can score.
                Cottonwood will be a grip it and rip it golf course other than a few holes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

no help here, never played pasture pool in my life. Went one time with some friends, but I just drove the cart and drank beer.

Comment

Originally posted by flywise View Post
                    I prepared for a tournament once by google earth the course and took measurements to bunkers, trees, and other objects or details I knew I'd be able to recognize once i got there.
                    Ive done that too. For some reason, my google earth doesnt have the measurement tool anymore. Any one know why that would be?

Comment

never mind. I hadnt downloaded the pro version on my computer.

Comment

Working...
                      X