Who do you hunt with?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Katch66 View Post
    I feel your pain but couldn't resist posting this.
    [emoji16] exactly.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Comment

I'd rather take the time and help a buddy find his own honey holes than take him to mine. Same concept as being his wingman at the bar or just loaning him your wife for the night.

Comment

I started hunted back in 2015 (I know I got a late start) and I've been by myself for all of it except 4 months. I hunted with a good buddy while living in Tennessee and learned a lot from him. Now im back in Texas and back on my own. There are times I wish I had a buddy to pick my brain on spots or whose brain I could pick but sometimes I like not having to worry about potentially pissing someone off because they think I stole "their spot." I personally will guide people in a general direction whether it be a WMA or a terrain feature they should look for on a map in an area. I enjoy helping people as much as I can and if I do get burned, than so be it. I have a clear conscious and will move on to somewhere else. Plus I feel like it might give me some good karma and lord knows I could use plenty of that. now Im not gonna give people an 8 digit grid and tell them to go here at this time, but I will lend a helping hand. Its the least I can do because Ive had so few actually lend me a hand starting out so I know what it is like. I apologize if this seems like im rambling ha. Guess what Im trying to say is, if I see someone struggling I'll help them, help themselves. Give them a little guidance and let them take it from there. Plus I know so little I feel like so if they're getting help me from...I feel sorry for the poor sucker LOL

Comment

Originally posted by CEO View Post
          I'd rather take the time and help a buddy find his own honey holes than take him to mine. Same concept as being his wingman at the bar or just loaning him your wife for the night.
          [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Comment

Originally posted by 11B View Post
            I started hunted back in 2015 (I know I got a late start) and I've been by myself for all of it except 4 months. I hunted with a good buddy while living in Tennessee and learned a lot from him. Now im back in Texas and back on my own. There are times I wish I had a buddy to pick my brain on spots or whose brain I could pick but sometimes I like not having to worry about potentially pissing someone off because they think I stole "their spot." I personally will guide people in a general direction whether it be a WMA or a terrain feature they should look for on a map in an area. I enjoy helping people as much as I can and if I do get burned, than so be it. I have a clear conscious and will move on to somewhere else. Plus I feel like it might give me some good karma and lord knows I could use plenty of that. now Im not gonna give people an 8 digit grid and tell them to go here at this time, but I will lend a helping hand. Its the least I can do because Ive had so few actually lend me a hand starting out so I know what it is like. I apologize if this seems like im rambling ha. Guess what Im trying to say is, if I see someone struggling I'll help them, help themselves. Give them a little guidance and let them take it from there. Plus I know so little I feel like so if they're getting help me from...I feel sorry for the poor sucker LOL
            I totally understand and that is Exactly what i did. This guy took it upon himself to access a stamd he wasnt shown but knew the location of via sharing a pin on google maps. My other friends had the same info . I always let friends know where im at for safety reasons. Some people are just users though.

Comment

I hunt alone with the exception of my wife or children. Most guys I know "hunt" to drink beer, blaring music and hang around a fire until a drunken stupper in their camo. 5 AM rolls around and they are hungover and wont get up. They may put in an evening hunt only to hurry back to camp to drink some more. They want a trophy but don't want to put in the work. There is also the added strings of who sets the agenda and so forth. I go alone and am much happier that way. I set my own schedule and do what I think is right. Also don't want to be waiting around for someone who is always late. I lease my land exclusively now and wouldn't have it any other way. I'm done with the deer camp social clubs.

Comment

Originally posted by Hi-Lonesome View Post
                I hunt alone with the exception of my wife or children. Most guys I know "hunt" to drink beer, blaring music and hang around a fire until a drunken stupper in their camo. 5 AM rolls around and they are hungover and wont get up. They may put in an evening hunt only to hurry back to camp to drink some more. They want a trophy but don't want to put in the work. There is also the added strings of who sets the agenda and so forth. I go alone and am much happier that way. I set my own schedule and do what I think is right. Also don't want to be waiting around for someone who is always late. I lease my land exclusively now and wouldn't have it any other way. I'm done with the deer camp social clubs.
                And im done helping Dapper Di** Heads. [emoji6] looks ike ill be helping the Doeminator kill his first buck this season and haoppy to help him hes someone that puts in a real effort amd doesnt moooch of my efforts.

Comment

I smelled a rat the first time I read that last year.

Comment

Originally posted by TP3 View Post
                    I smelled a rat the first time I read that last year.
                    Yes sir. Live and learn on this end. Ill be way more selective about people that reach out to me for info or help.

Comment

Originally posted by ArcheryAssassin View Post
                      I totally understand and that is Exactly what i did. This guy took it upon himself to access a stamd he wasnt shown but knew the location of via sharing a pin on google maps. My other friends had the same info . I always let friends know where im at for safety reasons. Some people are just users though.

Definitely users out there and Im sorry you got burned by one. It makes it a lot harder to trust people. Their is definitely some good people out there, I just feel like they keep more to themselves nowadays because theyve been burned too many times. I hope you dont get burned again and I hope you have great luck this year

Comment

Originally posted by duckmanep View Post
                        You tell one guy about a spot, he tells another, and it grows from there. It's bad with deer but much worse with duck.

I keep telling people about my spot but I haven't seen anyone there yet, hoping to meet some TBH'ers there one day. Best crappie and duck hole I have found and always see good deer on the walk in. 36.644943, 100.081284 are the coordinates
                        Never speak of The Q by name!

Comment

Originally posted by 11B View Post
                          Definitely users out there and Im sorry you got burned by one. It makes it a lot harder to trust people. Their is definitely some good people out there, I just feel like they keep more to themselves nowadays because theyve been burned too many times. I hope you dont get burned again and I hope you have great luck this year
                          I will continue to help others i always have. It's our obligation to pass it on i believe. I will just adjust the friendships i have had as ive already done.

Comment

Originally posted by mooch View Post
                            Wasn't there a decently long/dramatic thread about this buck?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                            Yes there was and it was a bunch of BS lies. Glad i could be mooched off of though. Beware of Dappers is all i will say

Comment

Originally posted by sbushee View Post
                              No good deed goes unpunished. You should consider buying or leasing. Avoid most of that public land nonsense
                              I have considered that......MANY TIMES!
                              But every time I tried to make that work, The SOB's wanted money!
                              Not many of us can travel that road. It must be nice!
                              So I'm posting on the PUBLIC HUNTING forum. Just sayin'.

Comment

Ill take my sons hunting in my spots but that's about it. I work hard for every animal and don't want to invite pressure to make me have to work harder.

Comment

Working...
                                X