Chair or not?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chair or not?

I think I am going to change up my tactics this afternoon. Thinking I might get off the open bottom and in the woods and sit. My question for y'all: would you take a chair to sit in(canvas bag type) or find a big tree and sit at the base of it? Chair would definitely be way more comfortable, but unless you find something to back up into, harder to hide. Just not sure I could sit for 2.5-3hrs on the ground.

Thanks in advance

I’m with you - there was a time when sitting on the ground was an option but no more. When I’m doing a run&gun I take a short dove stool

Comment

I forgot my chair once on the way to my pop up. I sat on the ground/on my knees for 5hrs...it wasn’t that bad. I say no chair

Comment

Originally posted by jerp View Post
        I’m with you - there was a time when sitting on the ground was an option but no more. When I’m doing a run&gun I take a short dove stool
        May have to make a stop at Wally world on way home

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

Chair tucked behind brush is always much more fun

Comment

Chair.....you can fin a place if want to bad enough...

Ive sat my fair share on the ground when I was younger ....no mas...
            Last edited by Smart; 11-16-2019, 11:53 AM.

Comment

yea I am thinking my chair....if I sat on the ground for 2.5hrs or so, I would have to call somebody to get my fat butt up and then wait until I had feeling in my legs and butt

Comment

Lately since haven't had many deer coming in to feeder, I bring a cushion that I use in the tree stand and sit near the feeder. I see way more activity this way as well and can make a move if that are just outta range. We have come close lately but not close enough. Maybe this evening. Good luck

Comment

If you take a chair, you can also take a shooting stick. Get's you into a much better shooting position from a seat. Unless you plan on standing when its time to take the shot.

I'm only 44, but a chair is so much more comfortable. Many easy options that way.

Comment

Originally posted by Blitz View Post
                    If you take a chair, you can also take a shooting stick. Get's you into a much better shooting position from a seat. Unless you plan on standing when its time to take the shot.

I'm only 44, but a chair is so much more comfortable. Many easy options that way.
                    Definitely taking shooting stick...spot im thinking of is not far inside the tree line. I know itll get dark quicker in there....plan is to slip out when i cant see and check the field to see if i can catch a doe slipping up.

Also pretty good chance i might see some pigs as ill be close to the pond

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

I did this all last week on my hunts. I have a feeder but no stand in a certain spot on the ranch where my big boys like to hang out. I try and slip in in good wind, walk from tree to tree until I reach a good spot and then hang out til I kill something or I’m ready to back out. Last trip I was VERY successful. This next trip I’ll do the same but bring a stool to sit on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I was out last night and kinda wished i had a small chair. Just makes waiting a lot easier. Also, with the underbrush, seems you can get to much better eye level. I use a thermal monocular to scan so scanning is easier at a chair level.

Comment

I've done both. Here's a compromise: if you can find a large tree, then there will likely be fallen trees or at least broken large limbs around that you can form into a pile for a seat. Take a little foam pad or wad up some extra clothing if needed. Almost any bit of elevation is more comfortable than the ground, I believe.

Also, if you take a stool or chair, make sure it doesn't squeak BEFORE going afield.

Comment

When I go in I assume I am going to kill and don't want extra stuff to haul back out so I elect no chair personally.

Comment

No way I could sit still enough without the chair!!! I vote for the chair.

Bisch

Comment

Working...
                              X