No announcement yet.

Flu shot!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Let me give my opinion since I probably give 10 or more flu shot a day to patients mostly adult and some adolescents. The flu shot doesn't give you the flu but can make you feel kinda sick but that is not common. Most of my patients just say their arm was sore for a day or so. You can get the flu even if you get the flu shot but getting the flu shot will help lessen the amount of time your sick.

Comment

Im gonna go today. My 1yr old got his first flu shot and it was split in half since it was his first flu shot...several weeks ago...time to schedule the second half.

Great PSA.

Comment

No thanks

Comment

Whole family got ours

Makes sense with little kids around

Comment

I had the flu about ten years ago. Was sick for 2 weeks and not right for a month more. Now, shot for me every year.

Comment

Me and my wife have never taken a flu shot and probably will not ever take one . Luckily we have never had the flu.

Comment

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post
                You do realize that the new flu shots have been improved and not like they used to be. I recommend you research this and consider giving the shots another try. I did and they did not affect me.
                I know people that get the shot yearly and still get sick on bed rest for 1-2 wks. I’ll pass.

Comment

My company requires we get one because we work in hospitals

Comment

Originally posted by LovinTxHuntin View Post
                    My company requires we get one because we work in hospitals
                    Same here. But regardless of that, I will still get it every year. I love how people put their trust in medicine on a daily basis, but are incredulous when it comes to the flu shot. I owe it to my kids to get the shot to help protect them.

Comment

How much less likely to get the flu are you if you get the shot vrs. not getting the shot?

If there is a number out there, can you trust the source? Or do they have a vested interest in you getting the shot - as in are they making money off of it?

With the side effects that it seems like every medicine out there has, I try not to take anything, if I don't have too. In a year, I probably take about 6 aspirin and maybe that much cold/allergy medicine. I am blessed with good health.

No, I don't put my trust in medicine on a daily basis.

But I do love how people who don't know me still feel compelled to tell me how to live.

'Get a flu shot - it'll help you not get the flu (maybe)'. When for years, not getting a flu shot has worked with great results. Why would I make a change?

Now if getting the flu becomes a problem for me, yes I'll make a change.

But if it ain't broke, why try to fix it?

Comment

Originally posted by KX500 View Post
                        How much less likely to get the flu are you if you get the shot vrs. not getting the shot?

If there is a number out there, can you trust the source? Or do they have a vested interest in you getting the shot - as in are they making money off of it?

With the side effects that it seems like every medicine out there has, I try not to take anything, if I don't have too. In a year, I probably take about 6 aspirin and maybe that much cold/allergy medicine. I am blessed with good health.

But I do love how people who don't know me still feel compelled to tell me how to live.

'Get a flu shot - it'll help you not get the flu (maybe)'. When for years, not getting a flu shot has worked with great results. Why would I make a change?

I’m with you, it’s a 50/50 proposition at best. Big pharm loves pushing flu shots, which tells me all I need to know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Got a 75 year old mother in law living on my property and I am no spring chicken
                          So I got mine done over a month ago

People who don’t believe in immunization always seem to be the odd balls who spread their opinions and viruses around creating doubt

Comment

I got the flu shot in '15 and '16. In '15 I got the flu, in '16 I got the flu twice.

I didn't get the flu shot in '17 and '18. Didn't get the flu those years.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                              I’m with you, it’s a 50/50 proposition at best. Big pharm loves pushing flu shots, which tells me all I need to know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                              Yep... Never had one, never will. Big pharma pushes a lot of things and it's all about the $$$.

Comment

Originally posted by KX500 View Post

Last year it ended up being less than 30% effective.

Its a crap shoot.

I don't take it.

Comment

Working...
                                X