• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by .243 WSSM View Post
    Does he have another lung injury?
    shoulder

Comment

Originally posted by JeffK View Post
      Ainias appears to be one heck of a football player. I agree the other receivers appear to be just in the motion except QD. Although he had a rough day at Clemson.
      Ainias Smith is a great kid from an awesome family. I’ve know him since he was five, playing youth baseball with my son. Heck of an athlete, from a family of athletes. His brother played at Alabama, graduated in three years and played his final year at Georgia while attending grad school. Parents are good people. Pretty cool seeing Ainias in Maroon and White! 👍

Comment

Did you party with Sonny back in the day?

Comment

Originally posted by .243 WSSM View Post
          Did you party with Sonny back in the day?
          no sir. I was a model citizen/student.

Comment

Originally posted by eradicator View Post
            no sir. I was a model citizen/student.
            I see. Kind of like most of these good natured people on here too.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
              Mond had a bad start against Clemson, compounded by A LOT of critical drops and, of course the INT and fumble. They still had three 15+ play drives against a really good defense.

He looked sharp Saturday, albeit against inferior competition. Drive one stalled at the 3 on a dropped TD by Kibote. Drive 3 stalled (at the 14) thanks to dropped passes by Horry (tough chance) and a likely TD by Ausbon. Kendrick Rogers dropped a pass at the end of the half that would have resulted in a FG attempt.

Other than the INT coming out of the half (and 4 drops), what did you want to see from Mond that you didn't?
              I thought Mond looked good also.

Comment

Mond had a bad start against Clemson, compounded by A LOT of critical drops and, of course the INT and fumble. They still had three 15+ play drives against a really good defense.

He looked sharp Saturday, albeit against inferior competition. Drive one stalled at the 3 on a dropped TD by Kibote. Drive 3 stalled (at the 14) thanks to dropped passes by Horry (tough chance) and a likely TD by Ausbon. Kendrick Rogers dropped a pass at the end of the half that would have resulted in a FG attempt.

Other than the INT coming out of the half (and 4 drops), what did you want to see from Mond that you didn't?
                Decision making is the problem I have.

He always looks great when it doesn't matter. In the big game he gets his deer in the headlights look, under performs, then goes to the sideline for his butt chewing.

He's about 12% behind Tua on completions, and anywhere from 10-20% behind the Ehlingers and Hurts of the world. Some of that is on the receivers, but the %, and the difference in the games, in my opinion comes from his overthrows and decision making.

Like I've said, I think it would be better to develop a future QB now, but Mond seems to play just good enough to keep his job.

Comment

UT 44-OSU 31
                  LSU 41-Vandy-13 (I hate 11am kickoffs)
                  AU 27-Ags-24

Comment

Ags have been in QB "development" mode since Johnny (and honestly he was still in development). Showers, Hill, Allen, Murray (oops), Hubanek, Knight (ok, he was pretty developed), Starkel, Mond. Give me a third year starter (with eligibility and likelihood of playing 4th next year) over the QB shuffle we've been playing. Calzada had a good throw or two, but he overthrew receivers, too. I trust the coaches to put the right player on the field (certainly more than the armchair coaches).

We're three games in and he looked good in two. Get back with me after this weekend and maybe I'll be ready to reconsider.
                    My Flickr Photos

Comment

College Football 2019 - Week 4

Maybe we will get another side show this year
                      with another head coach fight between Herman and Gundy.

Advantage Horns.
                      A red shirt freshman QB for OSU v Heisman hopeful Ehlinger

Aggies hold Auburn to two scores and Aggies win by two scores.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                      Last edited by Brock Middlebrook; 09-17-2019, 07:40 AM.

Comment

Ags have been in QB "development" mode since Johnny (and honestly he was still in development). Showers, Hill, Allen, Murray (oops), Hubanek, Knight (ok, he was pretty developed), Starkel, Mond. Give me a third year starter (with eligibility and likelihood of playing 4th next year) over the QB shuffle we've been playing. Calzada had a good throw or two, but he overthrew receivers, too. I trust the coaches to put the right player on the field (certainly more than the armchair coaches).

We're three games in and he looked good in two. Get back with me after this weekend and maybe I'll be ready to reconsider.
                        I'll get with you next week I honestly hope I don't have to.

Comment

Auburn's defense will be no slouch. I would like to see Mond use his legs more, which may not have been an option during Clemson with him cramping.

Comment

Pop a midol and throw a good pass.
                            Give the recievers some confidence in that their QB isnt going to lead them 3 feet out and 3 foot up so they get creamed every play...

Thats what stops dropped passes.

Comment

Systemnt speaks only truth

Comment

So should I pick A&M or Auburn in Pick Em?..

Asking for a friend

Comment

Working...
                                X