Cattle panel blind ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cattle panel blind ?

Does anyone have a pic of one of these that was on it's ends to make an arch not a circle?
    Last edited by MA ELite; 07-25-2011, 05:49 PM.

No one?

Comment

I've got a pic somewhere. Are you wanting the design?

Skinny

Comment

Yes. To get some ideas.

Comment

i have picture of one I will post later. I bent my panels before aattaching them together. I also made my door in the back where my panels connect. Then I used a old sat. dish for a roof. I will try and get pics up soon. It is still in my backyard. It has not made it to the field yet

Comment

Originally posted by MA ELite View Post
            Does anyone have a pic of one of these that was on it's ends to make an arch not a circle?
            I think I know what you are talking about - making an arch. I've seen people make chicken coops this way and it has occurred to me that it might be a good way to make a cattle panel blind. (When you start by making a circle, making the roof is the hard part.) I haven't thought it through completely but maybe these pics of cattle panel chicken coops will give you some ideas.
            Click image for larger version

Name:	coopblind.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	67.1 KB
ID:	24003518

Name:	coopblind2.jpg
Size:	38.5 KB
ID:	24003519

Name:	coopblind3.jpg
Size:	14.8 KB
ID:	24003520

Comment

This design seems like a much easier build and a more effective bowhunting blind IMO than the circle with PVC roof 'beams'.

Comment

good idea waiting on pics as well

Comment

My thought is to start by making a rectangular frame out of 2x4’s or 2x6’s and lay it on the ground. You make an arch with the panel, putting the ends inside the frame and secure it with fence staples or something similar. You could close up the ends with more panels then cut a door in the back and a shooting window in the front. You could cover it with brush, tarps, carpet or some combination of the three.

Comment

You can line it with whatever you wish
                    Attached Files

Comment

What are the demensions on the base that you welded everything too?

Comment

Cool cant wait to see the finished product !

Comment

wow thats a good idea! never thought of anything like that! cant wait to see the final product

Comment

Originally posted by plentl65 View Post
                            What are the demensions on the base that you welded everything too?
                            Its been a while so Ill have to measure it, I know the width is the same as 2 cattle panels welded together whatever that is

Originally posted by aggieland View Post
                            Cool cant wait to see the finished product !
                            Originally posted by bowhunter_2 View Post
                            wow thats a good idea! never thought of anything like that! cant wait to see the final product
                            it is finished
                            Wrap a tarp over it to make it water proof, add you some shelves,hooks and an onboard battery along with some foot rests for those lazy days.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Great job Ol Thumper - I now have a new project to start on! Since I don’t know how to weld I will have to come up with a slightly different version using the same basic design. I’ve been hoarding some artificial Christmas trees I found at a garage sale – I’m thinking of taking them apart and weaving the branches into the panel on the front.

Comment

Working...
                              X