Range Rover, Land Rover questions ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Range Rover, Land Rover questions ?

Anyone drive one ? What ya think about them ? And idea what the resale value are so low ?

No body wants to own one with out a warranty. Jaguar, Porsche, and Land rover are super expensive to maintain. They all have second owner programs. Third owner pays..........

Comment

A lot depends on the year and model, and how it has been cared for. What are you looking at?

Comment

I have heard that besides the status symbol part of it, they are horrible vehicles to own.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

They are the nicest place to wait for a tow truck. If you want the capability buy a Land Cruiser.

Comment

Originally posted by gatorgrizz27 View Post
            A lot depends on the year and model, and how it has been cared for. What are you looking at?

About a 2012. To 2014

Comment

I have owned a LOT of vehicles...but my older (late 90's) Land Rover was the worst vehicle I ever owned. Rode like a dream but had issue after issue. I heard not much has changed after they get some miles on them.

Comment

What about Acura’s or infinity’s ?

Comment

Originally posted by Strummer View Post
                  What about Acura’s or infinity’s ?
                  My wife has a 2011 Infinity G37 sedan with 140k trouble free miles. She’s considered getting another Infinity suv in the next few months.

Comment

I have 150k miles on a 2010 range rover sport and it's been a great ride. My wife and I switch back and forth driving it.

It's the 510hp supercharged model and it hauls tail. I have hurt lots of mustang drivers feelings in that ride!

Only bad thing is the gas mileage is not so good.

Comment

I’ve only driven Land Rovers for the past decade and love them. I’ve had a 2003 Discovery, 2010 LR4 and a 2012 Range Rover. All have been terrific vehicles, reliable, comfortable, etc. Routine maintenance is more expensive than some vehicles but most know that going in.

Edit it to add I drove all of these vehicles pretty hard - Discovery was bought with 60k miles on it and I sold it when it had 130k miles, LR4 had 20k miles when bought and sold it at 115k and RR had 35k miles when bought and still driving it at 88k miles.
                      Last edited by Alta; 05-04-2019, 08:21 PM.

Comment

Long time car dealer here and worked for Land Rover.

They are impossible to fix once they break. TaTa is making them a little better but still not good.

Had a deal last week kick from Ally Bank because the ESC on this Range Rover was $8890.

Buy something else like an Escalade maybe ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Buy a Lexus GX460.

Comment

Originally posted by thegrouse View Post
                            They are the nicest place to wait for a tow truck.
                            This is spot on my experience on each one I owned. I NEVER went on a trip without a breakdown or broken component. Sure, it was under warranty but I didn’t recoup the thousands of lost dollars cutting my trips short and either limping back to a dealer or having to get it hauled to one.

One trip I had three different parts broken in my air suspension and was hell bent on making it from upper Maine down to the dealer in Alexandria Virginia so I could save some money and lodge on Bolling AFB close by. By the time I arrived I had done over 40,000 damage and had sparks flying from other things that failed.

They fixed it...When I got back to San Antonio the dealer told me I wasn’t the typical Land Rover user because I slept in it and actually used it. That was the last day I owned a Land Rover

Trash, every dang one of them.
                            Last edited by Johnny44; 05-04-2019, 11:59 PM.

Comment

Oh and the routine maintenance is BS. Before each trip I had a documented inspection performed and the completely missed certain items that I knew for sure were gonna fail.

They suck, but buddy they are the best place to wait.

The best you are going to get is a rare bird, its a 2005 LR3 with the Ford V6 and an air suspension to shock and spring conversion kit from Atlantic British.

Plus they have a weird dealer Mafia

Wait, heres the funny part...I went to a GMC and two things happened. First, every time it rained my wife said “My Land Rover never slid around like this”, and I’ll be danged if it weren't in the shop more than the Range/Land Rovers until I got rid of it too. It was much easier to make it to a GMC dealer though.
                              Last edited by Johnny44; 05-05-2019, 12:06 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X