Best News of the Day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best News of the Day

Kaput - the warfarin laced feed supplier which Sid Miller wanted to legalize, has pulled out of Texas!

The manufacturer of Kaput Feral Hog Bait announced Monday that it has withdrawn the product’s registration in Texas, citing the threat of many lawsuits for the family-owned company. Scimetrics Ltd. Corp. said in an April 24 news release that it has received tremendous support from farmers and ranchers in Texas and that it has empathy for

Well, bye. :-D
    I know there has been a bag of mixed feelings on the stuff, and I dislike the stinking feral hog just as much as anybody could, but I just didn't like the poison situation. After all. Many Americans have to pay lots of cash to use the stuff for blood thinner, and the hogs were going to be getting it for free. LOL

Comment

Im good with that

Comment

That stuff was probably the one best solution to hog control that was out there. Darn things are a menace and hunting/trapping isn't going to solve the problem.

Richard.

Comment

Glad to hear it. Against poisoning hog as well.

Comment

Lets not conflate two things that are not mutually exclusive.

I am completely for hog control.

I am completely against introducing poisons and toxins into our wildlife environment.

Comment

That stuff was probably the one best solution to hog control that was out there. Darn things are a menace and hunting/trapping isn't going to solve the problem.
              Yup.

Comment

I do not like this idea one bit! I'm not saying that they need to put this crap out everywhere, but we as landowners need all the tools possible to get a handle on the feral pig populations.

Comment

Originally posted by J Sweet View Post
                  Lets not conflate two things that are not mutually exclusive.

I am completely for hog control.

I am completely against introducing poisons and toxins into our wildlife environment.
                  100% agree!

Comment

Saw this news early today. Man, it sure brightened my day up. Glad to see it pulled.

Comment

I take those of you on here glad to see this ,don't own your own property or don't have hogs yet!

Comment

Originally posted by legolas View Post
                        I take those of you on here glad to see this ,don't own your own property or don't have hogs yet!
                        I own my own place and when we were looking for our place, one of the must haves was a good population of hogs. We love hunting them.

Comment

Originally posted by legolas View Post
                          You'd take [it] wrong.

Comment

I think what was obvious through this whole deal is there are a LOT more closet hog lovers than we ever thought. Regardless of your thoughts on the poison part.

Comment

No hog lover here, but the rules of engagement on the Kaput thing were unworkable from the start. How was anyone gonna find and bury all those hogs. I don't eat them, but lots of folks do, so there's that. Bad idea !

That said, if I could snap my fingers and they would all die, I'd get to snapping !

Comment

Working...
                              X