The Push

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Push

I found a great video that is 2:17:55 long, and well worth the viewing for those beginning or sitting on the edge.... heck even us oldies might like it, I know I did.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. Posting of objectionable material in text, attachments or embedded links is grounds for immediate suspension.
    I AGREE, PLAY EMBEDDED VIDEO

Published on May 6, 2016
    If you have a routine shot sequence, and a concrete aiming system, you can shoot a recurve or a longbow very accurately. And so, this video is for you. You guys that are out there that have always carried a compound bow into the woods or a crossbow, but always wanted to try a recurve or a longbow. This video is for you, those guys that have been struggling for three to five years shooting a recurve or a longbow instinctively, but are frustrated with your accuracy. This video is also for you guys that have or own a recurve or a longbow, and every spring you tell yourself "This is the year I'm going to carry a recurve or a longbow into the woods." But come August, you're not satisfied with your accuracy, and you fall back onto the compound, and the cycle continues. Well, this IS the year that you're going to carry your recurve into the woods. There are a hundred different ways to shoot a bow, and this is just one of them- a full aiming system that will help you shoot your recurve and longbow accurately. If you are completely satisfied with your shooting abilities with a recurve or a longbow, then this video is not for you. But if you want to be able to accurately shoot your bow within a short period of time, then this video is for you, and enjoy.

Interesting and educational for sure.

Sent from my SM-J710MN using Tapatalk

Comment

and have an awesome podcast called the push

Comment

Just not my thing.

Comment

Not getting any sound of the video... Anyone else experiencing the same issue???

Comment

It was good for me.

Comment

Wow.

I've owned a recurve and a longbow for years and occasionally pick them up thinking I'm going to learn to shoot them but very quickly put them away again because it seems hopeless.

This video has totally demystified traditional shooting for me. I will definitely give traditional another try.

Comment

Originally posted by DRT View Post
                Just not my thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Pedernal View Post
                  Not getting any sound of the video... Anyone else experiencing the same issue???
                  Originally posted by DRT View Post
                  It was good for me.

Not sure what was up with my iPad but it would not play the video with sound when I used the link above. I went to YouTube and searched for the video. I highly recommend this video for all trad infants much like myself

Comment

I just watched it the other day and I'm glad I did because I learned a few things, but I'm just not interested in shooting that way.

Jason

Comment

Originally posted by PineyWoodsBow View Post
                      I just watched it the other day and I'm glad I did because I learned a few things, but I'm just not interested in shooting that way.

Jason
                      [emoji106]

Comment

I cant shoot any other way other than instictive. I do like the idea of a fixed crawl for shooting out west. If i ever get out that way i may try it.

Comment

My nose is too long to avoid the string to shoot that way. String clips it.

Comment

That was a good watch, got me to thinking. I'm not sure if I can shoot three under as the few times I've tried it it felt unnatural. Might have to pick up a three under tab and give it a go. God knows I'm still fighting with instinctive.

Richard.

Comment

Fixed crawl method is highly effective for hunting, I've tried it and did like the method but I just prefer gapping subconsciously

Sent from my P00I using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X