Gus Engeling Archery Hunt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gus Engeling Archery Hunt

Got Drawn!!! Any suggestions on compartments, and what you would have done NEXT time would be great....

We got drawn for an archery hunt there as well. Tuned in for info.

Comment

I hunted there two years ago. It was tough, lots of acorns, they were raining out the trees. I hunted section 10 and saw a few deer. They don't care if it's 13" wide. They will only let you shoot 5 year old bucks. I saw a 6pt that would make 13" but couldn't shoot it. I think 7 deer were killed, 3 bucks and 4 does out of 60 hunters. Most were killed with xbows at 40 yards or better. Tree climbers are a must, you got to get up high. I killed a pig and saw deer everyday, just not in shooting range. PM me if I can help. It was a fun hunt, I'd go back.

Comment

ttt

Comment

Been out there 3 times, all on a youth hunt. That's where my son shot his first 2 deer. Back then, the compartments were lettered. Now, I hear they are numbered. While on a doe/spike hunt, we saw a massive 10 pointer. That was on a compartment just east of catfish creek. It's a big place. A lot of good looking woods. Follow the sign and find the food, you will find the deer.

Comment

ttt

Comment

ttt

Comment

ttt

Comment

cmon man.... surley more than 5 guys have hunted this place.....hahahah

Comment

PM sent

Comment

I did some scouting this weekend. Lots of walking since roads were closed. Saw lots of sign of hogs. I got drawn for the gun anterless/spike. Spooked one deer, but saw tracks around This being my first time there, it looks like tough country to get a good shot since you will most likely be in heavy cover, though there are open areas available. It was fairly dry and roads were also,,,,deer should be in good shape. Does anyone have preferences in compartments?

Comment

Originally posted by bucknuts View Post
                        cmon man.... surley more than 5 guys have hunted this place.....hahahah
                        Deer hunting there sucks, more than a fair chance you will see hogs or at least hear hogs though.

Comment

Originally posted by bossbowman View Post
                          Deer hunting there sucks, more than a fair chance you will see hogs or at least hear hogs though.
                          Yea, it sucks real bad.

Comment

There are some really nice deer there they just don't come easy.

Comment

i hunted in year before last, it was a complete bust. good luck

Comment

Working...
                              X