Steel roof build for Mule 4010

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Steel roof build for Mule 4010

Goal was to have a roof that I can stand on to fill feeders and eventually shoot off of once I build my high rack.
    Took some measurements and had a piece of 14 gauge bent and had an x-brace pressed into the sheet as well. Also had a small lip bent on front so water would run off to the sides.

Started framing it it with 1” light wall tubing.

And trimmed it out with rod.

Drilled 4 holes all the way thru it and the cut some small stainless pipe and welded it thru the holes for mounting points.

Welded it around and then used grinder to cut them just above flush.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cut some rubber washers from an old stall mat. I drilled the 4 mounting points where the roll cage is welded and double pipe so it would be mounted at the strongest point. Lifting the roof on and off 5 different times throughout the day about killed me.

Once everything fit, removed it again and did final clean/grind work and drilled holes for LED light bar. Finished up by spraying a thick coat of Krylon SuperMAXX to seal it until I can get it to the bedliner shop.

I had to abort mission with the top rail idea I had because after the lift, I only have a couple inches left to get it into my garage. It seems really stout and think it should function great. I have to get a couple longer SS bolts for the rear holes, but then all should be good.

Took me 11 hours start to finish. Was a good day in the shop.

Comment

That turned out nice.

Comment

Looks good. Well done

Comment

Very stout! Good job.

Comment

Trust me -- Weld on some angle iron brackets for a led light bar.

you will regret it if you ever decide to add lights in the future, much easier to do it now than later. IMO

Comment

Originally posted by ballgame View Post
              Trust me -- Weld on some angle iron brackets for a led light bar.

you will regret it if you ever decide to add lights in the future, much easier to do it now than later. IMO
              The holes are already drilled for the LED lightbar brackets....thought I typed that above...

Comment

Looking good. I’m planning something similar for my mule pro.

Comment

Nice! Nothing more fulfilling than a productive day in the shop.

Comment

Dropped it off for bedliner coat this AM. Excited to get this baby back and installed.....

Comment

Coated and installed.
                      I put 1/2” circle pads between the roof and roll cage. Seems to be pretty tight. Debating if I should go with thinner rubber or leave it as is.

Ur thoughts?

Comment

Comment

Did all the wiring on the LED light bar this evening. Wired a 3 point rocker switch thru a relay. Was a success!

Comment

Working...
                          X