Nikon news

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nikon news

Heard today, and confirmed it, that Nikon announces that they will no longer manufacture hunting scopes. They will concentrate on binos, spotting scopes, and cameras. Article I read said that they had already prohibited any advertising showing dead animals some time ago. I think we can all see which way this is going. I don’t know how to post a link, but the googler confirmed what my local dealer told me. I hate to see this as I’m about 95% Nikon.

You are a few months late to the party lol

Comment

Originally posted by Javelin View Post
      You are a few months late to the party lol
      Sorry about that, I searched on here, found nothing. My dealer said it was a recent announcement.
      Attached Files
      Last edited by Drycreek3189; 02-12-2020, 07:30 PM.

Comment

Pretty much all Nikon scopes are on pretty good discounts if you want to pick one up how’s the time still decent quality

Comment

I saw the same awhile ago, but I assumed it was just a business decision. I’d guess less than 5% of scopes sold are Nikon, probably closer to 3%. Vortex, Leupold, and now Sig have the lion’s share of the $200-$500 market where most Nikon scopes fit in.

They are also long in the tooth, so it was either invest in a redesign or pull the plug. I don’t have any of their scopes or binoculars, but I run their DSLR’s and lenses.

If this is a politically driven “anti-hunting” decision that would affect how likely I am to buy any of their cameras in the future.

Comment

I'd be interested to see if anybody can come up with a scope manufacturer's web page with dead animals on it.
            Rumors...

Comment

Most of the time, you have the scope on the animal right before it gets dead

Comment

I like their scopes and I guess one of the few who has NEVER had an issue with any of the ProStaffs or Monarch models.

Comment

I wonder if they will be repairing rifle scopes still?

Comment

Originally posted by kumathebear View Post
                    I like their scopes and I guess one of the few who has NEVER had an issue with any of the ProStaffs or Monarch models.
                    Ditto. Also, since I had Lasix (blended) with nikon, leupold, and vortex, the nikon are the only scopes I have that the cross hairs are sharp. Leupold and vortex I see double image crosshairs.

Comment

I have been an avid photographer for many years and use Nikon gear but I have never owned a Nikon scope. For those I have always used Leupold.

I believe the scope market for Nikon has been a very, very small niche for them. Most people know Nikon for their photography business but they are also heavily into the medical field with their glass in microscopes etc. as well.

It does concern me they are taking what is perceived to be an anti-hunting stance. I would hate to have to take my own stand as an avid hunter and switch over to Canon photography gear!

Comment

Well, I looked on their Web page and even looked up their stock position and found nothing about discontinuing rifle scopes. Maybe I didn't dig deep enough.

Comment

Originally posted by Walker View Post
                          Well, I looked on their Web page and even looked up their stock position and found nothing about discontinuing rifle scopes. Maybe I didn't dig deep enough.
                          All I did was google it, numerous references like the one I posted.

Comment

Their photography market puts them squarely in bed with the bunny ****ers. They’ll have to pick a side eventually, and it will be with their larger market.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                              Their photography market puts them squarely in bed with the bunny ****ers. They’ll have to pick a side eventually, and it will be with their larger market.
                              This is how rumors get started and gain traction.
                              What basis is there for any of this speculation?
                              This place is worse than a hair salon!

Comment

Working...
                              X