Lease Openings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AZST_bowhunter View Post
    Hunted on some briscoe land in Tliden. Was 6k split in two parcels with a third parcel down the road. Found out the lease manager was allowing the 3rd parcel to hunt our 6k and he was bringing in management hunters when we werent there. Think his name was Marty Brown.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Find that hard to believe, know Marty for 20 + years. He ain’t that way I assure you.
    He runs a pretty tight program. They took a 200” last year and another this year. He’s doing it right on low fence leased land.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

On Martin ranch road and callahan ranch road? Thats about the time we left, i was in the military when we left.

Sounds about right.

Comment

Originally posted by sotx View Post
        Find that hard to believe, know Marty for 20 + years. He ain’t that way I assure you.
        He runs a pretty tight program. They took a 200” last year and another this year. He’s doing it right on low fence leased land.

I knew Marty Brown back when I was running the briscoe Nicholson, and the Alamo pastur on the dobie off 624 and bodine milk ranch
        He seemed very upright guy , hopefully that isn’t the same guy
        Last edited by S-3 Ranch; 01-12-2020, 05:58 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by bloodtrail18 View Post
          This certainly explains the decline in our deer numbers over the past 5+ years in the area. My family owns 800 acres that is split by Hwy 83 at the Deep Creek bridge. I believe the property you were leasing borders ours on our West side. Did that lease "manager" you mentioned have any tag limits or did he go by the state bag limits? 30+ guys can wipe out a herd pretty quick filling 5 tags a piece. This also explains why there are constantly openings for Briscoe's leases in the area. We have taken 5 deer total over the past TWO seasons and have been managing the place for trophy deer over the last 15 years only to see the deer numbers fall off big time.
          Your only option is to high fence.

Comment

Originally posted by Oldblue View Post
            Beware of a “Joe Emmite 3k acre lease Uvalde Tx”. He claims there are only 15-16 guns but, we counted 25 that we know of. We had feeders going since April 2019 with pens around them and cameras out at each. No picture of a single deer day or night all the way until Jan.5, 2020. All the neighbors around us have not seen any deer either. Some have not even killed a deer in 3 years. Anthrax did not hit this place. I just want to warn other hunters so they don’t get scammed like we did. If you don’t believe me, donate your money and see for yourself. Thanks
            Hold it ......... - you hunted a 3000 acre ranch with 15-16 guns? Wow. Do not know this guy but what did you think would happen? Good luck to you

Comment

Originally posted by RobinHood View Post
              Was it with J. D. Cox? Lol

We got ripped off by this guy in about that time frame.

Comment

Originally posted by sotx View Post

Marty didnt hunt on our lease.. he owned the leasing rights from the LO and then leased it out to us. He managed 3 properties that i knew of, he didnt hunt on any of them, so I cant speak on his deer management capabilities. I can speak on finding peole in our stand and when asked who told them they can hunt this pasture "marty told me to hunt this stand"..this happend more than once. After we got off we met people that would hunt our pasture on "management hunts" as well as hog hunts.

Comment

Marty didnt hunt on our lease.. he owned the leasing rights from the LO and then leased it out to us. He managed 3 properties that i knew of, he didnt hunt on any of them, so I cant speak on his deer management capabilities. I can speak on finding peole in our stand and when asked who told them they can hunt this pasture "marty told me to hunt this stand"..this happend more than once. After we got off we met people that would hunt our pasture on "management hunts" as well as hog hunts.

I'd be madder than a skin head watchin' the Jefferson's if I walked up on someone in my stand and they told me that!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Tbuddyandroby View Post
                    I'd be madder than a skin head watchin' the Jefferson's if I walked up on someone in my stand and they told me that!!!
                    Happened on 8th out of our 10 seasons on the place. We had previous suspicions but never had proof. It happend to my dad on several occasions, always the same two stands where the oil workers would tell us about the big buck they always saw.

Comment

Well just because the guy said Marty Brown does not mean it was Marty that told them to hunt there. Could have been they just used his name. That ranch is 48,000 acres. Marty runs 36,000 acres of it. Y’all ever talk to Marty about it?

Comment

Everyone is an expert and seeing through the bull I guess but, for the regular folk, it's a warning. Take it for what it is "A Warning". For those of you that think you can kill anything, let me me know and I will pm the guys contact info.

Comment

My goal in the next month or 2 is to release a free package that hopefully will allow for hunters and lease managers to have open and honest communication. In turn have less turnover on a lease as hunters finding a better fit for their personal goals.

https://thehuntersight.com

This is web based and phone friendly. As of now, you can use this for 25 a year but I will be launching a free version soon.

The Hunt Club feature allows lease members and lease managers to log in to their particular hunt club where members and the lease manager can share a satellite map with markers, game photos, past kills, create hit list, share nutrition information, and communicate via a message board private to their lease.

I am also going to make it where anyone can post or find leases available and hopefully add another spot that people can check for free to find a place to hunt. Over time, the idea with the hunt club is so individuals looking to join can ask to see the hunt club and their records - past game photos and kills. This will separate the wheat from the chaffe

Comment

Originally posted by Oldblue View Post
                            Everyone is an expert and seeing through the bull I guess but, for the regular folk, it's a warning. Take it for what it is "A Warning". For those of you that think you can kill anything, let me me know and I will pm the guys contact info.
                            Sent you a PM.

Comment

Originally posted by SaintBlaise View Post
                              Your only option is to high fence.
                              And have (2) 400 acre HF places separated by a highway? Doesn't sound like a very good option.

Comment

and this is why TPW should allocate tags based on deer density/acreage , and not how many dudes an immoral lease broker can cram onto a property

Comment

Working...
                                X