Feel like throwing up...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Feel like throwing up...

Well this Morning it happened. Been after an East Texas bruiser for 2 years. Never saw him in person and never a daylight pic of him. This Mornin out of no where here he comes. He knew something wasn’t right and was easing around me but presented me a 43yd shot. I settle my pin and release, his belly nearly hits the ground and I watch my arrow deflect right off the top of his back. My stomach is in knots and I still feel like I could throw up at any moment. Back to the old saying I guess that’s why they call it hunting and not killing!! Guess I’m fixn just go ahead and mix one up and celebrate seeing him instead of killing him!!

Could be worse you could be looking for him after a bad shot. At least you know hes still out there

Comment

That’s rough. That’s a long shot on a deer that’s already on edge and alert. Good luck. He messed up once and hopefully he messes up again soon for you.

Comment

Originally posted by shwacker1911 View Post
        Could be worse you could be looking for him after a bad shot. At least you know hes still out there
        I guess ur right but that don’t help my stomach!!

Comment

Originally posted by Antlers86 View Post
          That’s rough. That’s a long shot on a deer that’s already on edge and alert. Good luck. He messed up once and hopefully he messes up again soon for you.
          Yes sir!! Same thing I told my dad, he knew something wasn’t right and he jumped my string no doubt!!

Comment

True cant help there

Comment

I couldn’t make myself pass it up either tho being the history with him. Like I said never a sighting of him other then camera at night..

Comment

He gone!

Comment

Originally posted by Bayouboy View Post
                  He gone!
                  Yep

Comment

I had the biggest buck i have seen on my place for 30 years last night. He was at 5 yards for 30 min but he was never comfortable and i could not get drawn. He finally moved out to 30 yds and I decided i'd better hold off and hope he get closer on another date. Its a risk but better than having him really freaked out by a bad shot.
                    Best of luck to ya

Comment

Originally posted by shwacker1911 View Post
                      Yes ! Infinitely better !

Comment

It's definitely a terrible feeling, hang in there. You never know, he may come back?

Comment

At least he will live. 43 yards is a long poke at a whitetail....

Comment

For all that deer knows, it was a limb breaking and hitting the ground. He’s around. Keep after it. He probably stopped within 50 yards, looked around and just wandered off casually.

Comment

We've all been there. A few weeks ago I was there too. Shot my target buck threw neck with it meets the shoulders and never found him but he showed back up 4 nights later. Since I screwed up I'm giving him a pass the rest of the year.

Comment

Working...
                              X