ground blind stand

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ground blind stand

how do you make a bow ground blind stand please post pictures if you have them if not will you just explain how to do it.

thanks

Because we hunt over feeders I built box blinds on the ground. I have found that the blinds work great we used weather stripping around the door and only put on window in the front. It does not matter which way the wind is blowing or if it is swirling we have not been busted once. The only air that can get in or out is through the front window. Texastaxi provided the build so I do not want to post it with out his permision. But I would go with the box blind if you are planning on not moving them to often. We built the 4x6x6.5 so we could load them on a trailer and tow them behind a 4 wheeler.

Comment

Here are a couple pics of some of ours.
      Attached Files

Comment

buckrider, did ya'll use limbs from fake christmas trees, I had thought about doing this with mine because we have a couple laying around in the attic

Comment

here's pics of mine, you can see the thread under "you might be a redneck" ground blind!!
          Click image for larger version

Name:	blind 2.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	68.6 KB
ID:	23818011

Name:	blind 5.jpg
Size:	53.7 KB
ID:	23818012

Name:	blind 8.jpg
Size:	65.3 KB
ID:	23818013

good luck,

Drew

Comment

There was an article in Bowhunter mag (I'll try to dig up the issue) that had a great recipe. It is 4 inch square fencing, tie wraps and camo burlap. The nice thing about this setup is if there are cattle on the property that like to smash your blind up, you simply re-form it. Plus you can form it to any shape you want, I think the cost was roughly $20 a blind to make.

Comment

HJH, just scroll down alittle farther and DH30 has the one your talking about!! it's a great blind pattern!!

Comment

get two old port a pote (new) screw them together and paint camo outside and blake inside, were black when huntin, put some brush up and there you have a blind, its tall enough to pull a bow in and deep enough to sit back and enjoy. believe me it works.
                happy huntin

Comment

dont forget to cut the walls out where you screw them together.

Comment

Dena (Hot4huntin) has a knack for this sort of thing!

Trailboss

Name:	Dena's Blind.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	98.7 KB
ID:	23819079

Comment

My Bow box blind in the field

Here are a couple pictures of mine.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Working...